Random Notification Sound

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
In the last couple of days, I have been getting a random notification tone. When I look to see if there is a notification, the slider is blank with no notification. I can't figure out where it is coming from. I turned off notifications from my Google Now Page and still getting them. I think this started with the most recent Google App update. Any ideas how to track down?

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
In the last couple of days, I have been getting a random notification tone. When I look to see if there is a notification, the slider is blank with no notification. I can't figure out where it is coming from. I turned off notifications from my Google Now Page and still getting them. I think this started with the most recent Google App update. Any ideas how to track down?

No, but I have the same problem and I don't use the Google App at all, haven't even gotten around to updating it, so I don't think it's that.
Annoying, since I get a lot of texts from my daughter about the baby's schedule and hers. Anyone have any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it a default notification tone, or does it sound completely different? If the latter, it might be an NFC notification, if there's something nearby (like a credit card) that has an NFC chip in it.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I have calendar on silent, haven't activated NFC and no credit cards anywhere near the phone. The tone is my message sound, which is part of a song I like and edited down and put in the notification folder. It really seems random, not tied to any action or icon or anything else. Whatever.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have calendar on silent, haven't activated NFC and no credit cards anywhere near the phone. The tone is my message sound, which is part of a song I like and edited down and put in the notification folder. It really seems random, not tied to any action or icon or anything else. Whatever.
Exactly. However, I went into Maps and unchecked reports of local conditions and that seems to have stopped it. I'll keep an eye (or ear) on it today to see if that was it.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I get a notification every day at 7:00 PM EST. It is not a calendar event since that has a different tone than that standard notification. There is no notification when i unlock the phone and it is driving me mad.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Exactly. However, I went into Maps and unchecked reports of local conditions and that seems to have stopped it. I'll keep an eye (or ear) on it today to see if that was it.
Thanks, don't know if that was it but I had that checked too and unchecked it. Makes sense!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty