Can I clone my GNex?

Eric Canha

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
So long story short I had to have my GNex replaced by Asurion. Once activated SOME of my data restored but not most of it. App, Music, Photos etc etc etc... the old phone is functional although no longer active. Is there a simple way to clone everything off the old phone to the new one?"

Josh515

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Your post was only up for about an hour, don't get upset over not getting any responses right away. I would suggest using Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro to transfer your data over.

Eric Canha

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Well it appears that I should have rooted the phone when I first got it. Phone is not rooted so the two apps mentioned won't work :'( I think I'm going to root the replacement and start over.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Well it appears that I should have rooted the phone when I first got it. Phone is not rooted so the two apps mentioned won't work :'( I think I'm going to root the replacement and start over.

You don't need root to use the SDK + ADB backup but its kind of a hassle if thats the only reason you're installing the SDK.

I'd recommend something like AppBrain to backup apps and their data, if you don't want to go the SDK route.

For future reference, if you ever plan to root the phone I'd recommend unlocking the bootloader when you first get it because it 100% wipes the device clean in doing so. If you don't plan to root, don't bother though.