Question about the signal indicator when I wake the device up.

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I have spent a good deal of time searching this, but nothing QUITE like what I've got going on now. When I bring the device out of standby, the signal strength indicator is blue...then it will turn light gray for about 10 seconds, then blue again. Now this ONLY happens when I bring it out of standby. The issues I've come across have people who's indicators remain gray all the time. Mine only started doing it this morning. While it's not really causing an issue, nor am I losing connectivity even when the indicator IS gray, I'm asking if this is something I should be worried about?

I've been reading that most seem to think that when the indicator is gray like that, it is not connected to Google services. Could this be an outage of some sort? Has this happened to anyone else?

Cliffnotes: Bring the phone out of standby, indicator is blue. Indicator turns gray for about 10 seconds, then turns blue again. Happens every time.

ethankblankie

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Question about the signal indicator when I wake the device up

I am experiencing a similar problem, mine drops call and resets the signal connectivity often. Been debating about swapping it with something else! Someone please help!

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I didn't think too much of this issue, but I just encountered something that is going to be a serious issue. If I receive a phone call, it WILL drop the call when the indicator turns gray. Huge issue as I won't be able to accept any incoming calls.

ethankblankie

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Same issue here I have called Verizon and I got some BS answer about that is just what the phone does and the new update doesn't fix it. Either I get a different phone or keep the one I have!

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

As ridiculous as this is going to seem...the problem took care of itself. I noticed it was no longer doing ANY of what it was doing...AFTER I dropped it a couple days ago. It's in a beefy case, no harm / no foul. But my signal indicator no longer turns gray, and I had only dropped a SINGLE call while this was happening. But I now believe that the other "private" caller, simply hung up. I won't worry about this any further.