Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Share what you find in Jelly Bean 4.2

The clock fits and can be expanded to show any additional time zones. But that may be just on the N7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

I noticed that too. When I press the power button, the screen hesitates a second before turning off.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Yep, you hold the widget you want removed then drag up to the remove

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

I don't use handcent. By I use Google voice and I know it was having a force close issue until it was updated today.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Has anyone noticed whether or not the N4 wallpapers came with the update. Mine did not. I was just curious.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I absolutely hate the Gallery app now! I can't properly crop anything. Its a mess! :banghead:

Y 4 U break Gallery, Googles?!?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Hmm...something seems to be weird with GMail. I have a few messages that I've received since the OTA update that are showing in All Mail but not in Inbox (or Priority Inbox, but they shouldn't be there anyhow). They have the label 'Inbox' and when showing the Inbox, the unread number is two. The only unread messages are these two that are only in All Mail. If I apply another label to the messages, they appear there, but not in the inbox. Any ideas? They're not 'muted' conversations either. I can't help feeling that this may be a 'user' issue, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it would be.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Google Chrome is much smoother. I noticed improved performance on both my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7.

"Exchange Services", "email", and "android system" are all seriously draining my battery since I did the update to gnex this morning. "Screen" usually is main drain but these 3 are sucking about 70% of my battery usage since update. I normally don't have to charge until I go to bed but today had to put it on charger at 5pm. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

I found that dolphin browser crashes every time I open it. Anyone else have this?

Just received the OTA update to my Play Store Galaxy Nexus, rooted and unlocked. After install, lost root, but was able to restore it painlessly using the previously-installed "Voodoo OTA RootKeeper v2.0" app. Sweet.

Got a dozen app updates instantly after the install, including Google Voice. The only problem I am having so far is with Bluetooth - I am unable to enable it. Just won't turn on. Any hints?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Have to sign into the Amazon app store every time I open it. Kind of a pain

I found the following apps not currently compatiable with 4.2: HBOgo, MX Player (free version).

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed there is no HDR option in the camera? Is the GSM GNex not capable of taking that kind of pictures?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Another cool find...go into advanced settings in WiFi and there is an optimization option to improve battery.

dano_tech likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Another cool find! If you activate the jelly bean fling easter egg in the about phone section. You will be able to set the jelly bean fling in the daydream section. Pretty cool to look at when I plug in the phone.

Thanked by:
    Omar19961 likes this.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

I was snapping photos and swiping to the right to view photos that I'd just taken and my GNex froze. Had to pull the battery to reboot it. First time I've ever had to pull it.

Quote Originally Posted by trayes77 View Post
    Another cool find...go into advanced settings in WiFi and there is an optimization option to improve battery.

what is that option?

also i heard if you take a picture and apply filters to it. if you swipe the picture down you can see original and the modified picture.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    what is that option?

also i heard if you take a picture and apply filters to it. if you swipe the picture down you can see original and the modified picture.
    Its in the advanced WiFi settings to optimize battery life. Haven't had much time to see how effective it is at preserving battery life.

Yea that photo filter trick is great to see how much you messed with the original photo. You can also swipe to the left.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

The OTA update to 4.2 pushed to my phone today. My initial observations:

1. I have mixed feelings about the notifications shade revamp. While it looks "cleaner" by hiding various system shortcuts, the fact that you now have to flip over to the other page to access them seems kind of counterintuitive.

2. I think the new clock theme is ugly. The hour digit is in bold typeface, while the minute digits are not. I liked the old clock theme better.

3. Gesture typing (Google's version of Swype in 4.2) actually works quite well. I'm glad it's finally a stock feature.

And that's about as far as got digging into things today...

Anyone received the OTA in India fir gsm galaxy nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChunk View Post
    The OTA update to 4.2 pushed to my phone today. My initial observations:

1. I have mixed feelings about the notifications shade revamp. While it looks "cleaner" by hiding various system shortcuts, the fact that you now have to flip over to the other page to access them seems kind of counterintuitive.

2. I think the new clock theme is ugly. The hour digit is in bold typeface, while the minute digits are not. I liked the old clock theme better.

3. Gesture typing (Google's version of Swype in 4.2) actually works quite well. I'm glad it's finally a stock feature.

And that's about as far as got digging into things today...
    1. pull down with 2 finger

2. seriously?? clock has one of the best look now. it been praised by all over the internet and you find it ugly?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

I agree that the clock interface was not my favorite when I first saw it. I prefer the old cleaner, more uniform look of the old typeface. But, its something new that I'm sure I'll adapt to looking at everyday. The clock app itself on the other hand is just awesome. I love that Google is starting to implement more features into the OS that would normally only be found in ROMs or play store apps. I don't want it to hurt any developers bottom line though.

I really like the gesture typing. I enjoyed using swype , but their keyboard was just too ugly for me to use everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by KlineAJ View Post
    Is anyone else's screen seem sluggish when the power button is pushed?

yeah mines seems a bit slowed, seems like they slowed the animation down

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    using Android Central Forum

Right since upgrade to 4.2 my battery is discharged over just a few hours. I've figured out that it is the Exchange Service process - it discharged my phone ( during night time ) in 4 hours, and 86% of battery was used by this process. The same is on my wife's phone.

Me & my wife are using Google Galaxy Nexus.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

Yep I got the N4 wallpapers on mine, I manually flashed the takju update which I found online
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast