Just recieved the 4.2 Update OTA GSM Nexus!!!!

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just applied the OTA Google GN Takju. Outside Phila. Update for Google voice already available. I am sure there will be a flurry of updates in the coming days to patch Apps up. Went through it with other OTA's.

No major glitches so far...I did use WiFi.

birdbird

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
The font on the digital clock looks the same as the N4 and N 10. On the lock screen, swipe from the left to the right and a blank page should appear with a plus symbol. Press the plus symbol and a list of widgets will appear. Don't be alarmed, the are only a few widgets available.

I have the same build as you. I flashed mine though, fit it from android central. Did you get it ota or flash it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Really? The font looks completely different to me. Mind posting a picture of what yours looks like?

Yeah, I figured that out. But on a Youtube video, someone at Google was shown to be adding widgets that we could select on the lock screen. That's what I was referring to, but we don't seem to have this feature because the choices in those widgets are, lets be honest, pretty bad.

I got it via update (so I'm guessing that's OTA). I turned on my phone and it said an update is available so I let it do it's thing.

I don't have any of the new wallpapers either.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Sprint will release the update for us LTE Nexus users by year's end...wishful thinking right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

arathkone

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So I recieved the OTA notification yesterday on my takju Nexus got all excited and tried to update, had an error during installation, little Android on his back with the warning triangle.

Having looked at XDA it appears to be down to my radio being an old version and the new one is required. Looks like i'll be unlocking my bootloader again and flashing the new radio. A little annoying as I flashed Takju and relocked the bootloader because I wanted a totally stock experience updated by the big G. That'll teach me!

Oh and because I tethered my N7 when updating it downloaded the 80mb file and then my phone downloaded the 73mb takju update twice because I tried to install a second time just incase. So I used a massive wad of my data allowance and now I'm having to turn off mobile data to make sure I stay within my limits...

On the plus side my Nexus 7 has updated no trouble and 4.2 is great!

SSayer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My digital clock font looking weird after the 4.2 update...

uploadfromtaptalk1352959822034.jpg

Gotta say I love having swipe typing that I've grown so attached to on my cell, but even better!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

UN4GTBL

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
In relation to this...how do you disable Android from downloading these massive updates on mobile data? (I only want it to download this on wifi)

I specifically left the update notification until I got home on wifi so that I wouldn't use my mobile data...but it went and used 75mb of my data anyways...

I have no more data left for a few days now.

Pretty happy with the update and the camera and such are sweet. Now just waiting for my Nexus 7 to get the update.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
DAMN! why is it taking so long for Gnex to catch the update! My N7 notified me 30 minutes ago and i'm already playing with it.. so far this update ROCKs! Finally Brightness slider works the way it should have worked a long time ago!