Metallic grey Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is stunning

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up the 32GB WiFi version at Best Buy. If you are considering getting one, try to get the one with the metallic grey back. It is simply stunning and feels much better than I would imagine the white plastic one feels.

Other than that - your questions, give me thems.

Reactions: jcm888 and nate44

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The back is textured plastic and I can confirm that it feels better in hand than the white. I know as I have two. One that I waited 4 and a half hours for at the NYC Best Buy (white) and the gray that I walked out of that same store with this morning. I plan to return the white this weekend.

Reactions: nate44

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I got the white. In a little bored with dark devices :) and I travel a LOT, so as soon as I can find a decent one, this thing's going in a case anyway, where the back will be irrelevant.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Agree with the comments on the gray. It looks like brushed metal but its plastic and it feels great in the hands.

I had an iPad2 (which I sold because I couldn't stand iOS) and that didnt feel as nice as the edge would cut into my hands. The edges of the Tab are easier to handle for longer periods.

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
yeah i saw the white one today at my local Best buy when i pass by to see how it feels and i'm getting the grey one next week when i get payed. i was surprise how light it was and it feels good in my hand.

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
If Best Buys got their **** straight I would either buy one at a local store or at least know about the one I ordered online.. grrrr

Amazon for future orders from now on.. Best Buy you disappoint me

kayropr

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree! I love the way the gray back looks. I was concern when I pre ordered from Amazon cause you couldn't choose color.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Looks good! The white one at my local best buy had a slippery feel to it. Hope this version will feel a little more reassuring in the hands.

So is it a consensus around the country that best buy's haven't been receiving any tabs at all just yet, or a lack there of?

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The back is textured plastic and I can confirm that it feels better in hand than the white. I know as I have two. One that I waited 4 and a half hours for at the NYC Best Buy (white) and the gray that I walked out of that same store with this morning. I plan to return the white this weekend.

I have the Union Square one too, can we return that to any Best Buy or does it have to be back at the Union Square one? I wanted the black metallic in the first place.

dijohn

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i just bought the grey as well. if you look at the back with light reflecting off it, do u see anything small bumps or ripples in the plastic, more so on the upper half. i have them on mine. they are small and u must look carefully with the light hitting the back at the right angle, but 600 bucks i don't think u should notice this. thanks for any responses.

RnFstRuckHrd

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Nice, I'm hoping my Amazon one is the grey metallic.

I ordered (and received) mine from Amazon. It is 32GB grey metallic. If you Google the model number that Amazon is selling you will see that it is the grey model. Of note, mine also came unlocked... :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk