HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Qoheleth

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I only thought I had an issue with the Evo...

It's been 3 days of owning the Evo 3D and I'll have to admit, I thought I had a problem. The unit was running hot, battery life was not as good as the 4G, and sometimes copying data to the microSD card wouldn't work. As it turned out, the machine was fine. In standard troubleshooting technique I took one thing at a time and checked to see if it was the problem. I hit it on the first try.
I'd just purchased a 32GB microSD and I swapped it out for a 16GB card I had to see if that was the issue (since at least one problem appeared related to the card). After swapping the card, all the problems disappeared.
So, if any of the rest of you are seeing heat and/or battery life issues, check your microSD card. It might just be the whole problem.

dtice03

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Anyone have any success using the WatchESPN app? I've been trying to use it on my EVO with no luck. I'm able to login and everything, but when I try to actually watch something, it just sits there and loads forever. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both it and Adobe Air with no change. Any help would be appreciated.

jorgesicas#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It's been 3 days of owning the Evo 3D and I'll have to admit, I thought I had a problem. The unit was running hot, battery life was not as good as the 4G, and sometimes copying data to the microSD card wouldn't work. As it turned out, the machine was fine. In standard troubleshooting technique I took one thing at a time and checked to see if it was the problem. I hit it on the first try.
I'd just purchased a 32GB microSD and I swapped it out for a 16GB card I had to see if that was the issue (since at least one problem appeared related to the card). After swapping the card, all the problems disappeared.
So, if any of the rest of you are seeing heat and/or battery life issues, check your microSD card. It might just be the whole problem.

To add to this, also make sure the SD card you buy is rated a class 4

Jeratain

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

A bunch of programs are already installed on the EVO 3D such as: Voice Search, Youtube, Google Search, etc. When I go to the Market, I see these available for download and they do not show as being already installed. What happens if:

1) I install one of the apps from the market? Do I end up having duplicate apps or does it overwrite the other one?
2) If I keep the preloaded app and then there's an update for it in the Market?

one0one951

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I got my Yahoo mail working.
When it started acting up I deleted the account from the stock mail app, logged in to my mail account in the browser (used Dolphin as desktop) , then went back and added the account to the stock mail. It's been working fine since doing that, even through a couple resets and a battery pull. I hope it works for someone else.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site

anyone have an issue with the alarm? i have my alarm to go off at 6am. i have the snooze set for 10 mins. if i hit snooze, the alarm never goes off again. anyone else have this issue? sorry if this is a repeat...49 pages.

Jace985

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone else's 2d-3d switch loose? Everything else in my phone is awesome but the 2d-3d switch is loose should I switch it out for a new one?

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site

So i just found an interesting issue, or maybe something that was left out that i thought was handy, when you take pictures and get the snapshot in the bottom corner after the shot completes you can usually sample it w/o going into the gallery .. thats not the issue, the issue is you now cannot long press on the photo and bring up the menu where you can share the photo right than and there, you actually have to go into gallery and view the photo and press the menu button to bring up the share function - thats alot of steps!

pthall

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

Good day everyone. My first post here in the forums. My problem is that I was watching green hornet and plugged in my head phones, google music started up. So i stop movie, go to app and shut it down. Go back to movie and a minute or so later music starts again. Only does this when head phones are plugged in. So now when I plug in the head phones...google music starts up... very annoying.
Happens to me too. Actually, Google music starts, then Voice dialer (Like it's trying to do headset remote button and voice commands). I thought maybe the Otterbox case was keeping the headphone jack from seating properly so I'm trying it without the case. Seems to be working so far. Could that be our problem? I have the Otterbox Defender case

This has been happening to me every time I plug it into my car (dumb aux in, no features) Voice Dialer pops up. I was thinking I just hadn't figured out how to invoke it aside from apps>Voice Dialer yet.

mrazzino

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if this has been posted, and I surely am not going to read through 50 pages of problems!

I tried out the weather live wallpaper last night. It was currently raining, so the wallpaper was showing the rain. However, if I let the phone sit on my homescreens for maybe one minute, the wallpaper would freeze. It froze in the same spot both times I tried this. The rain paper sort of shows the rain coming straight down at the screen for a bit, then rotates to show rain falling, and then switches back to it hitting the screen. It is at this point (raindrops hitting the screen) that it freezes up.

My phone was not locking or freezing, just the live wallpaper. I didn't test this in any other weather conditions - it could just be the rainy one. I'll probably do some more testing tonight when I have time. Not a huge issue (I didn't even like the wallpaper... a little too laggy for me) but it definitely seems like a bug.

mwalt2

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

So i just found an interesting issue, or maybe something that was left out that i thought was handy, when you take pictures and get the snapshot in the bottom corner after the shot completes you can usually sample it w/o going into the gallery .. thats not the issue, the issue is you now cannot long press on the photo and bring up the menu where you can share the photo right than and there, you actually have to go into gallery and view the photo and press the menu button to bring up the share function - thats alot of steps!
You don't have long press. All you do is tap the screen and choose the arrow button that comes up.

pthall

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

My "Friendstream" widget seemed to stop working. It hadn't showed any new content for about 3 days. I finally just removed the widget as it was taking up a whole page and not doing anything.

Facebook notifications don't work anymore, they worked great the first day.

I thought it would be automatic, but I just press the refresh button at the bottom of the widget to get updates.

Corrosive

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

I use the lock screen that has the facebook status updates and it never seems to update on its own. I have friendstream set to update every hour, but it never does on its own. Hopefully this is something that HTC will address. Its somewhat annoying when the status updates don't change and its someone venting about something stupid.

*edit* - Before I would just update friendstream but now it seems that its not updating at all.

sit2k

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

I love the phone. The Yahoo mail issue is driving me crazy, but it is also not working on my wife's Evo. Seems to be either a yahoo or a HTC problem. The Yahoo Mail app is a bandaid, but it sucks the life out of your battery.

if you have yahoo mail plus you can set it up as pop instead of imap. yahoo plus is only $20 a year and i have been happy with it for the last 10 years.

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

lots of good info in here.

I uploaded birthday pics from Sunday to Picasa and all the 3D pictures converted fine and uploaded, but the 2D pictures only uploaded around the top 2/3rds of the each picture (x7). I deleted them from Picasa and tried to upload just those pictures and same thing happened.

I emailed them to yahoo and downloaded then uploaded to Picasa and they are fine.

/Rant

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure if this was a problem with the EVO 4G, because I didn't play with YouTube that much, but has anybody clicked a YouTube video only to find out that a completely different YouTube video started playing? This has happened more than once for me. I've searched for some 3D videos and when I've tried to play them, I got something completely different!

eddyknights

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

Is this happening to any of you, I downloaded some videos n pics from here and today i was watching the 3d video from baseball game fine and someones baby video ect.. all worked fine when i saw it twice and than when i opened it it didnt open in 3d but rather in 3d, tried green hornet and also 2 d.. when i opened a video i took in 3d that was fine... than after 20 min going back n fourth all went back to normal.. is this a known bug that htc will fix with a software update or the people havin this issues do they return there phones..

cssplat

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

My EVO3d won't open Google talk for some reason. When I try to open it, it flashes to a screen where it is trying to sign in, and then just flashes right back to my app drawer. Anyone able to help me?

xchan89

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

I don't know if anyone already post somthing like this but after I send a text I lose signal and It takes a few ssecounds for me to get 3g back

xchan89

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this was a problem with the EVO 4G, because I didn't play with YouTube that much, but has anybody clicked a YouTube video only to find out that a completely different YouTube video started playing? This has happened more than once for me. I've searched for some 3D videos and when I've tried to play them, I got something completely different!

Yeah that happens to me all the time when I'm either 4G or 3g can't figure out why