HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just tried this on mine and sure enough, I have the same issue.

I'm also expeieincing two other issues, may have nothing to do with the phone though (overall, I'm still quite happy with it)

My Swype line has vanished, no idea how to get it back.

I've installed Google Voice and Handcent, but I cna't seem to be able to turn off Voice notification without Handcent no longer receiving texts at all, and I'm stuck with double notifications

Just tried the camera thing and is do Not have this issue

EVO - LUTION 3D

joejoe1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

Can someone preferably OP make a list of problems people have. This way we can create a checklist for current users and new buyers to go through when they buy the phone. This way we can be on top of lemony phones before the 30day period passes!

Bcutler

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Could you please post how you got them to work.

I had the same problem with my exchange account, had to go to settings>accounts & sync> and check the auto sync option then went to my exchange account and change the updating to push, after that everything came instantly. It also fixed the weather on the main clock widget and on the lock screen which would show up as unavailable most of the time.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

so far i'm really liking this phone. the only thing i see that may or may not be an issue is the sound. when i call someone it rings in and out of volume and 2 people have already told me that i sound far away (although i think this could be because my house phone is messed up and i have vonage and the calls are being forwarded to my cell phone so that could be the culprit) yet they sound loud and clear to me. thats the only issue i have so far. other than that i love this phone.

tsitwone#AC

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Ive had me 3D since the 22nd and the only issues I have with mines is the speakerphone during calls its like useless I wish it was as loud as it is when i am playing music. Also i got my sister 1 on the 26 driectly from the sprint store yesterday the screen stop responding sometimes and resting the device. and not the whole screen gone back and the icons at the bottom r just lighting up after only 6 days will be heading back to my local sprint store 1st thing in the morning.

mdallen5

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

My app icons are changing to generic android icons. How can I remidy this?

Thank you

fredrickhstn

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Sorry if allready posted,but i am having a problem with visual voicemail. My voicemails are sent to me via txts. I haven't signed up for the voice to txt. I went to Sprint store and spent four house with tech on phone. There solution was to reboot back to stock deleting everything i redown loaded everything and the problem returned. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if allready posted,but i am having a problem with visual voicemail. My voicemails are sent to me via txts. I haven't signed up for the voice to txt. I went to Sprint store and spent four house with tech on phone. There solution was to reboot back to stock deleting everything i redown loaded everything and the problem returned. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using google voice? If so, go online and change your settings an turn off email/text notifications

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

call customer service and tell them you do not want the voicemail to text option, its a setting within your account, it happened to me when I got my 4G...

charles77k

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site

Is anybody having issues while using headphones/headsets? Whenever I plug in a regular headphone to listen to music, my phones starts acting crazy and randomly skips tracks and makes random phone calls. I've tried with a cheap pair of sony earbuds and an expensive set of audio technicas and they still do the same thing :'(

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm having the same issue with my E3D. I'm waiting on a new replacement via ups due here on tuesday. I'm having that same issue where I get text notifying me to call into the VM system and that I have a VM waiting. I have no VM waiting and I'm getting texts from the sprint network every hour. It's not a transscribed VM to Text as you guys think it is. This is simply a text message telling you you have a voicemail message and to call intot he voice mail system to retrieve it. (as in hold down number 1 on your keypad to dial in old school style). This has been this way on my phone since day 1 on the 22nd when I took it out of the box before I installed any apps or made any changes to the phone. factory reset doesn't fix the isssue and I've been on the phone with sprint tech support numerous times and have an open ticket all to no avail, no fix nothing. they can't figure out what the issue is and I have a new phone on the way. I honestly thought it was a tower issue here but I'm leaning against that at this point. Between this issue and the UI (homescreen hitching)lag I get I decided enough was enough and have a new one on the way. We'll see what happens with the new one.

Also keep in mind the visual VM app worked perfectly for over a year on my OG EVO so I understand how it should work. On my E3D it clearly does not.

Reactions: fredrickhstn

xchan89

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody having issues while using headphones/headsets? Whenever I plug in a regular headphone to listen to music, my phones starts acting crazy and randomly skips tracks and makes random phone calls. I've tried with a cheap pair of sony earbuds and an expensive set of audio technicas and they still do the same thing :'(

That just happened to me yesterday, I was like what the help is going on. I thought I was pressing something.

hyabusha

May 11, 2010
Visit site

Anyone's EVO 3D say "Loading" after the lock screen disappears? Mine does... :-\

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Those of you with voicemail issues .... Are you by chance using a non stock texting app such as handcent? Because this is a known issue and there is a fix, posted in this thread.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

I downloaded a bunch of wallpapers from the htc hub and after a while they all disappered from the wallpaper menu. The htc hub history shows them as being downloaded.

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com

yup. I believe the base of your 3.5mm plugs. are they bare, or is there plastic/rubber there? I've noticed w/ all my monoprice cables, it's bare metal. I think it's making contact w/ the jack on the phone and thus, makes it think it has headset control. my ipod earphones have no problem. my sennheiser 580's don't either. Can't really test my pre headphones because they're actually headsets, heh.

my friend who has an EVO 3D also mentioned this issue, but he's only tested w/ his jlabs (dunno which one though)

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

My phone freezes at least one time a day, it seems to do it mostly when using the camera but does happen when using other apps. My icons keep losing their original design revertiing to a generic icon with a android on the front. It always starts with the last pass icon then the eBay icon then more at random intervals. When the phone freezes while using the camera it stays frozen on the last picture taken until I clear the cache. Have no clue why clearing the cache effects the camera app but it does. Also when typing sometimes the phone freezes and I cannot type and the screen will not respond until I press and hold the back button and the keyboard will not be available again until I clear the cache. So far I love the speed of the phone but this kernal is not stable. Yes I did both the first and second update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej