List new things you noticed after update

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and something else I noticed (although, it's extremely tiny and unimportant); when I power off my phone, the HTC logo sort of "flies" in, now. Before, it used to just appear.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Good. Screen navigation seems more responsive/faster. Noticed the lack of GPS drop out, too.
Not sure: Can't tell about battery life yet. The new GMail notifier, leaning toward "not liking it."
Bad: No voicemail notification. (Got a ticket started with Verizon on it.) Locations at home are now wrong. Not badly off, but adjacent town / post office names on weather and Google home page.

Last edited:

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Two BIG improvements for me:

- SMS message with a picture now shows the picture instead of slide show. (I think this was already mentioned)
- When I receive an email with a meeting invite, the appointment time is now displayed. Before GB, you had to accept the invite and then go search for it in your calendar.

CPB

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Installed the update and performed a factory reset just for the hell of it, to ensure it was as 'clean' as possible. Now it won't play some of my mp4 files (it plays others though) that are on my SD card. I get a strange icon i've never seen before and the file won't play. Great.

*update* hard reset magically fixed the above issue! Who knew.

Ive noticed that opening the Gallery app to look at pictures, it now defaults to the bottom of the page so it is near your newest pictures. Before, it was always at the top, near your oldest pics.

Everythig else i noticed has been covered :)

Last edited:

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
is it just me or does the screen appear sharper ? i know that sounds crazy but i swear it is just a little bit sharper clearer . does anybody else think so ? ive noticed all the other little things as well . this is what this phone should have been to start with .

CPB

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Shryne I saw that! Forgot about it though. Good stuff. But i wish i could get rid of the "Retweeted By" info at the bottom. My friendstream widget seems to actually update on schedule now. Theres also a new clock widget that shows facebook updates underneath.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that when you lock the phone it doesn't have the cool gingerbread animation. Kinda wish they would have.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
is it just me or does the screen appear sharper ? i know that sounds crazy but i swear it is just a little bit sharper clearer . does anybody else think so ? ive noticed all the other little things as well . this is what this phone should have been to start with .

Yea the I noticed the text is actually better and easier to read. Kinda reminds me of the sensations qhd screen

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

gumshoe351#AC

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed subtle changes. The screen and icons seems sharper or crisper, when using the time wheel for alarms or etc it stops spinning on 15 minute increments and the UI is much faster. Also noticed events on the agenda widget stay all day instead of disappearing after the times have passed.

ab0mbs

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Now when I put my phone in a car cradle to charge first it doesnt go into Car Panel mode as before and when its in the cradle and I have the phone horizontal it still stays in the vertical mode but only does this for the main screens not apps:-\. Anyone having this problem?

I'm also having this problem. I'll try unplugging the car charger and see if that fixes it. I don't mind much about the car panel as I don't really use it, but I really want my home screen to go horizontal again.

jjcampnr

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I've seen:

- Emergency call button on lock screen is now transparent, used to be green.
- Had to install voice data to get my Bluetooth voice dial to work correctly (see: This Thread).
- Pattern lock screen no longer vibrates as each circle is hit.
- Big calendar improvements as mentioned already.
- Push (mail/calendar/contacts) via ActiveSync is faster and more reliable so far.
- Battery seems about the same, but it's only been a day so time will tell.
- No trace keyboard.
- LTE is more solid, signal overall is better on LTE and 3G.
- Better performance and smoother operations.
- SMS notify tone seems higher quality or maybe volume adjusted, sounds different.
- New downloads app is extremely useful.

Last edited: