EVO LTE Issues/Problems you are having

Feech

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it's exactly the same issue but yeah my recent apps does funky stuff. Also my Tweetcaster app always refreshes when I come back from a URL,never back to my last tweet I read

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I can't download anything from the HTC hub. I tried to make an account and it kept saying "cannot connect to HTC sense" but after a while it started saying "failed, this account may already exist". So, if I try to go log in with the account I just "made" then it tells me either "check your email/password and try again" or "Cannot connect to HTC sense"

Any ideas?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't download anything from the HTC hub. I tried to make an account and it kept saying "cannot connect to HTC sense" but after a while it started saying "failed, this account may already exist". So, if I try to go log in with the account I just "made" then it tells me either "check your email/password and try again" or "Cannot connect to HTC sense"

Any ideas?

I just downloaded a wallpaper from HTC hub. I'm not having issues with it.

sent from my Evo4LTE

PowerUser

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Google Wallet will not let you add the Google prepaid card. I called Money Network about this problem and they said it was not currently working and they did not have a date when it will be fixed. So much for using Google Wallet with a new phone. :'(

JinxDroid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have this happen?:

Sometimes when taking pics (holding down camera button for burst mode) it sounds like the phone gets stuck in burst... when it finally stops, there are only one or two pics taken.

This only happens sporadically for me, other times it works normally.

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have this happen?:

Sometimes when taking pics (holding down camera button for burst mode) it sounds like the phone gets stuck in burst... when it finally stops, there are only one or two pics taken.

This only happens sporadically for me, other times it works normally.

This happened to me once too.

Sent from my HTC EVO LTE

36cf

May 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife's EVO LTE will not connect to the network. It seems her HSPA (I think is what it is?) is fine, but she hasn't been able to get 3G for a week, which is the entire time she's had the phone. It says error code 78, something or another. I called Sprint, and the lady didn't know what she was doing. After an hour or so, and me suggesting it might be the radios, and her denying it, I hung up.

She connects to wifi fine, and that's how she's connected most of the time, but she gets poor network signal, and NO 3G signal.

Any suggestions?

My EVO LTE has been fine. A few blips of coverage switching on and off (from 3G to non-3G), but otherwise, great phone.

I live in Erie, Pa.

I think we're getting some network upgrades in the next 6 months, but surely this is not the problem as I get signal...

Thanks in advance.

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Unable to receive texts for past 7 days. Everything else works (people receive my texts, I can make/ receive calls, data works, etc) Updated my profile and prl. Did a factory reset. Tried to troubleshoot with 2 Sprint reps without success (they supposedly reset my profile on their end). Was instructed to wait for a call from a manager for help. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm totally bummed :'(

Ok, problem solved! Talked to tech support for 10 min and was back in business! Instead of just refreshing my data profile, he 'reloaded' it. Worked like a charm :)

Sent from my HTC EVO LTE

jcole01272

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with when your on a call the screen will not light up so that you can do other things like answer another call, hang up, or just if you would want to multitak? if anyone knows how i can fix this please do!

Do you have a screen protector? The invisibleskins they had at launch covered the proximity sensor...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

webhaus

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having a problem with abnormal restarts that are giving error reports? I've had it happen 3 times today. It doesn't matter if the phone is being used, or sitting unused for several minutes. It will lock up, screen goes black, and the phone restarts automatically. I've been sending in error reports, and have send a technical support request into HTC, but haven't heard anything back yet.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having a problem with abnormal restarts that are giving error reports? I've had it happen 3 times today. It doesn't matter if the phone is being used, or sitting unused for several minutes. It will lock up, screen goes black, and the phone restarts automatically. I've been sending in error reports, and have send a technical support request into HTC, but haven't heard anything back yet.

I've had one restart that generated an error report and daily restarts that didn't. Wonder if that's because I moved all my apps from internal storage to phone storage.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Unable to receive texts for past 7 days. Everything else works (people receive my texts, I can make/ receive calls, data works, etc) Updated my profile and prl. Did a factory reset. Tried to troubleshoot with 2 Sprint reps without success (they supposedly reset my profile on their end). Was instructed to wait for a call from a manager for help. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm totally bummed :'(

I had problems receiving calls. I could call and send text msgs, but could not receive calls. Also on several occassions I couldn't get a 3 G data connection without first doing a reset. Two calls to sprint tech support and still no calls coming in, but plenty of msgs in my voice mail. I took the phone back to BB on the 6th of June. I didn't take another evo lte replacement because I don't like the multitasking of the 4g lte. I'm waiting for a samsung s3, gonna give it a try.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not experiencing any calling issues at all. I'm really loving the digital voice on this phone when making calls, sound is crisp and clear. There is no comparison from the OG Evo4GLTE.

sent from my Evo4LTE

AppleR112

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I dunno... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.... But, other than a "no voice signal" inside my 2 family brick home (problem solved with a free, Sprint Airave), an occasional loss of a "contact pic" using "Circle Launcher", and, my Pure Networks, "Network Magic Pro"- a network mapping software, crashing on my PC each time my Evo LTE's log on to my network with WiFi, I have not experience any of the problems that are the subject of this thread. I make calls, text (stock), browse(Dolphin HD). No games, no facebook...That's it and it works for my needs.

Perhaps I'm not paying attention..I thank everyone for posting so that I'll know what to look for.

myevouser

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I was having a problem with random restarts several times a day. I read on another forum to try resetting the "weather" widget on my home screen to turn off "scheduled sync" option. I also turned off the "my current location" switch on the same settings screen for the "weather" widget. I reset this in the morning and had no more restarts all day after this.

Guy from SU

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the EVO 3D, this new EVO LTE seems A LOT more buggy.

Location does not update when I move from one area (city or town) to another. EVO 3D did this with no issue. Also the weather in general doesn't seem nearly as accurate as it was on the EVO 3D.

When opening the Gmail app, sometimes it seems to freeze and it has just a blank white page with the Gmail icon at the top. When this happens I have to reset the phone completely to get Gmail to open properly (I've tried killing it in task manager and the 'running apps' in settings and that does not help). VERY FRUSTRATING.

Same thing has happened when opening up the internet browser. It just freezes on a blank screen and is inoperable until I restart the phone.

Lock screen music controls are inconsistently present. When running Spotify, sometimes the lock screen music controls will be there (NICE!!) but 50% of the time they aren't (WTF??)

Is anyone else experiencing any of these issues? I'm still within my 14 days and considering returning this bad boy and waiting to give the SG3 a try...

juice87

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Disappointed in this phone so far my phone just completely turned off now it won't turn on, now i have to ship it back for an exchange =/

rtnapl

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
:cool:
Coming from the EVO 3D, this new EVO LTE seems A LOT more buggy.

Location does not update when I move from one area (city or town) to another. EVO 3D did this with no issue. Also the weather in general doesn't seem nearly as accurate as it was on the EVO 3D.

When opening the Gmail app, sometimes it seems to freeze and it has just a blank white page with the Gmail icon at the top. When this happens I have to reset the phone completely to get Gmail to open properly (I've tried killing it in task manager and the 'running apps' in settings and that does not help). VERY FRUSTRATING.

Same thing has happened when opening up the internet browser. It just freezes on a blank screen and is inoperable until I restart the phone.

Lock screen music controls are inconsistently present. When running Spotify, sometimes the lock screen music controls will be there (NICE!!) but 50% of the time they aren't (WTF??)

Is anyone else experiencing any of these issues? I'm still within my 14 days and considering returning this bad boy and waiting to give the SG3 a try...

I'm having the same issue! Gmail and internet freeze and give me a white screen. I've had the Evo since preorder launch and it just started doing this today. I have to constantly reboot to fix it. It's driving me nuts!

Benzter

May 17, 2012
Visit site
The phone restarted itself once while I was sleeping and I sent the error report. Had Sense reload on me twice both times while listening to music, using FB/Instagram. Shame really, my og EVO used to do it plenty and I thought it was a thing of the past when I got this phone. It only happened twice but they really didn't strip sense down enough or not enough ram I guess. HTC needs to fix the reload issue though, I used to hate it when my og EVO would do it in front of my isheep friends and the flaming would ensue.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums