Question Notification sounds

Charilaos

May 1, 2024
Visit site
Hi all. In apps/app info/Notifications/Notification categories/Category/sound I cant find Samsungs notification sounds. It only shows me some audio files I have in my phone. In the past this wasn't the case. What's wrong?

Solution
Welcome to Android Central! When I choose notification tone on my Galaxy A32 5G running One UI 5.1, the heading on that second screen is "Sound", not "Audio Files", which suggests you still have some 3rd party sound picker active. It's not necessarily an app that plays music -- it could be something like a 3rd party file manager.

If you can't identify any 3rd party file manager, then go to Settings>Apps, tap the 3-dot menu button at the upper right, then Reset App Preferences. Now try picking a custom sound, and see if it gives you a couple of options to complete that task.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a 3rd party sound picker (like Zedge)? If so, this may have been set as the default Media Picker. You would have to reset the Default options for the 3rd party app so that the system Media Picker can be selected again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When I choose notification tone on my Galaxy A32 5G running One UI 5.1, the heading on that second screen is "Sound", not "Audio Files", which suggests you still have some 3rd party sound picker active. It's not necessarily an app that plays music -- it could be something like a 3rd party file manager.

If you can't identify any 3rd party file manager, then go to Settings>Apps, tap the 3-dot menu button at the upper right, then Reset App Preferences. Now try picking a custom sound, and see if it gives you a couple of options to complete that task.

Reactions: Madd62
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TripleU ®