Current AT&T users: happy or unhappy?

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: current AT&T users. happy? not happy?

I am a Verizon guy thinking of making the switch myself. I don't mind paying a premium for service but the new "shared family" plan is way too expensive for my blood. I wanted to switch to At&t years ago but decided against it when me and my girlfriend were in NYC and I using my OG Droid just fine while her iPhone kept having no signal. This was like 2 years are so ago. Has At&t improved there network now? I'd love to leave especially since its easier to order international phones. So how is the Network Now?

Last edited:

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Here in PA my partner is getting great reception and really great speed with AT&T LTE network .

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

No LTE in Vermont but we have awesome HSPA+! 5-7meg down.

Last month when I switched Verizon even got LTE in the B urlington area. But that is not a selling point for me! So I will wait for ATT's LTE and keep HSPA+ for the time being...Oh yeah and the better selection of smartphones!

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
No LTE in Vermont but we have awesome HSPA+! 5-7meg down.

Last month when I switched Verizon even got LTE in the B urlington area. But that is not a selling point for me! So I will wait for ATT's LTE and keep HSPA+ for the time being...Oh yeah and the better selection of smartphones!

Yea 6-8 megs is fine for me. My question is do they still have the drop call issues they use to have in the past? Especially in the city

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Yea 6-8 megs is fine for me. My question is do they still have the drop call issues they use to have in the past? Especially in the city

Not that I have seen yet! So far this past month has been good.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Been with AT&T 10ish years. Have never dropped a call. I'll never understand why people complain about them.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
All good here. How can you not like then will the LTE up now. Insanely fast.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

bnceo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

So far, nothing but praise for AT&T. They have nice LTE in the big city near me (Baltimore) and provide good service other wise. Having sim card lets me swap phones with ease.

Love the tethering. However, I got in before they upped the prices and data caps. I am on a 4GB plan, but if I joined today, I would be in the 5GB range for $5 more.

Moonbase0ne

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I've been with ATT for years. I mostly had a problem with their land line service(yes, I still actually need one of those) so I left. But, as far as wireless, I am happy. No real service issues. Only time I thought i was going to have to make some noise was when I first got my Note and the ATT CS rep, on the phone, and at the store, were confused about me being able to keep the unlimited plan if I were to upgrade. I told them both that, that is pretty much the only reason why I'm still with them.

Anyway, I got my phone upgraded at a non ATT store, they made a note on my account, and I called right before signing the new contract to confirm. I got someone who knew what they were talking about, and I was able to keep my Unlimited plan.

I was mostly annoyed that ATT on the phone at first, nor the store reps knoew anything about the Unlimited Plan carrying over.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

OMG!
Today with my Galaxy S3 was my official first day one AT&T.
Why in the hell didn't I leave Sprint months ago?

Have had to deal with Customer support a few times. (getting set up, ported, ect). And they have all been nice thus far.

But the network is outstanding.
Been averging 5-7Mbps Down and about 2Mbps up all day long (HSPA+).

Compaired to my normal sprint speeds (see sig).

God, its so nice to be able to use my phone for whatever I want, whenever I want again.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Having major issues in milwaukee...but its due to them bringing LTE to my area. I live by a major congested area and am having connectivity issues but once LTE us complete it will be all worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Having major issues in milwaukee...but its due to them bringing LTE to my area. I live by a major congested area and am having connectivity issues but once LTE us complete it will be all worth it.

What issues are you having? I'm in the 'burbs of Milwaukee and don't have any issues on my Note. We're getting LTE soon!

danimal069

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

What issues are you having? I'm in the 'burbs of Milwaukee and don't have any issues on my Note. We're getting LTE soon!

He may be talking about Sprint.. Since the vision "upgrade" has started, I have been dropping calls like madd.. Something about the new samsung equipment not playing nice with the old moto diggs.. Handoffs between towers just kill the call. I will pay the etf and switch to AT and T.. Just deciding between the Ion or the Lumia..PEAZ

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I know I work in Oconomowoc and I have no issues. My folks live in Mukwonago and no issues out there but I live in Milwaukee by State Fair Park and they are working in those towers first and adding another one near Juneau high school. Its internment one minute I'm getting nice speeds with HSPA next I get network communication errors. Just gotta deal with it for now. My cousin works for Verizon and he said they had the same issues when they deployed so I gotta just be patient :confused:

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
No not talking about Sprint. Me and Sprint broke up three years ago. AT&T are upgrading to LTE in my area and I'm having connectivity issues in city of milwaukee. I'm told by my cousin who works for Verizon they had the same issues when they deployed its just frustrating

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm specifically in Muskego. No issues here. I drive all day and I'm usually pretty connected downtown and such. Sometimes a reboot is required but rarely.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its weird. Just seems to be the tower by my apt on 76th at state fair park. Constantly having to reboot

toeheadalso

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Not real happy with service right now. Edge network only in my area. Been told by everyone at att store that 4g will go live anytime, that has been for 2 years now. Verizon has had 3g here for 3 years. My area isn't a large urban area but with I-75 running right thru the center of town you would think they would want to at least upgrade the network to 3g. I would jump ship for Verizon if it weren't so darn much $$. Sprint service is pretty much non existent here. Frustrated with att and there edge network, completely useless with data unless you have at least 4 bars.