LG Optimus V "Download is in progress" screen

rupp2780

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
First let me give you a little bit of back story,
I recieved this phone yesterday, and then tried to factory reset it because I didn't know it was rooted. It was then stuck with a boot-loop.

Now I've spent the last 7 or so hours working on trying to fix it. I tried many different methods and eventually got it to boot with cannibal, which fixed the boot loop. I then attempted to change it to a Froyo-based ROM so I could activate it for use, which apparently I did incorrectly and it became bricked again. Then I proceeded to try the method described here:http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/196753-guide-unbrick-upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz.html
It then lost connection somehow, and It's been stuck on the "Download is in progress. Do not disconnect cable." screen, and no button combination or amount of time without power will make it boot to anything else. I also tried to use ADB to fix it with no luck, it refuses to connect to my computer even with the proper drivers.

That being said, anyone have any ideas how to un-stick it and change it back to just stock?

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking it can be fixed and the ahole that sold it to you ought to refund your money if they didn't say it was rooted and flashed

Does the screen even turn on after you pull batt and try and goto recovery?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

rupp2780

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, it was free. My brother got a new one and gave me it since he didn't need it anymore. But neglected to tell me it was rooted. And yes it turns on, but not to anything other than the "Download is in progress" screen.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Is that when you try holding volume, home and power
There is an emergency mode as well, I don't remember exactly but I think its take out battery, hold camera and back while plugging in usb
I would like to try and help you but I am not going to be around until tomorrow

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

rupp2780

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I'll be around tomorrow also, so if noone else helps me fix it between now and then, I'll still be here. :( Also, I tried that and nothing changed.

Last edited: