Official Jelly Bean Update. Thoughts or complaints??

arcoms

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing with it for a few hours and am loving it. Project butter definitely improves the responsiveness in a noticeable way and Google Now has so much potential. I am definitely sticking with Nexus devices from now on!!!

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

salpiche

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Any one else noticed an increase on battery life? I was getting 6 to 8 hours now it almost doubled so far it has been 9 hours and still have 50% battery life. I can't complaint at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed battery increase as well. I think jellybean is a definite improvement over ICS. Google mkw is very mice!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
battery life might take a hit if Google Now is enabled. there's a lot of constant background data collecting going on with that app (search history,
location history, etc.). i think it's a neat concept but for my purposes it's more of a unnecessary novelty at this point and even kind of annoying so i turned it off. i also didn't want it affecting my battery life. i turned off location reporting as well.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
10-4 on that guys... If you don't have LTE service in your area then switch it back to CDMA only and reboot the device.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
battery life might take a hit if Google Now is enabled. there's a lot of constant background data collecting going on with that app (search history,
location history, etc.). i think it's a neat concept but for my purposes it's more of a unnecessary novelty at this point and even kind of annoying so i turned it off. i also didn't want it affecting my battery life. i turned off location reporting as well.

How do you turn off google now?

thekid17

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep, Foxfi doesn't work. Hope they get a fix for Jelly Bean. My calls connect faster than they used to and is definitley snappier working around apps.

BrianCioffi

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
How do you use voice dictation? I have my Google Now set up, but the weather, which I have to display all the time, is not displayed and I can't get it to display.
Overall, I odn't notice a huge difference. Just the startup screen, the unlock 'glow' and Google Now. Kind of disappointed.

Oh, yeah, like everyone else, no FoxFi now, :(

ras.cal

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had problems with data being super slow? It is taking forever after the update to download or update any app. I have already factory reset my phone once.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had problems with data being super slow? It is taking forever after the update to download or update any app. I have already factory reset my phone once.

1. test out CDMA only vs. CDMA/LTE.
2. how are data speeds over WIFI?

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I switched to CDMA only too. Jellybean seems to have improved the radio reception too.

dreamer3kx

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
agreed. that's probably the #1 battery killer - especially if you don't live in an LTE market. i switched mine to CDMA only too.

Doesnt it just use CDMA if LTE service is not in area anyway, how does this drain battery, does it continuously search or something?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Exactly.. Even thought its not actively using LTE it is still searching for LTE service every few seconds, minutes, etc.. whatever the preset LTE scanning is setup to do.