HoneyBun-v1- based off official ruu

How many uninstall Sprint tv

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This may have been asked and answered somewhere in th 40+ pages here, I'm just too lazy to go look, but, for some reason, I can't sync my facebook contacts anymore. I'm running hb lite v.2. Also, do any of these support live wallpapers? It's not necessary, just curious.

andrewjb

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
A2SD

Brezzy,

Thank you for your awesome ROM. I am using and have only 1 question left. I am trying to use A2SD, and I am assuming that my card is not partitioned with EXT. EVERY single time I reboot into Recovery I look for Partition SD. I ALWAYS only see Partitions Menu. I select that because its the closest one. My choices then are:
  • mount /system
  • mount /data
  • unmount /cache
  • mount /sdcard
  • mount /sd-ext
  • format boot
  • format system
  • format data
  • format cache
  • format sdcard
  • format sd-ext
  • mount USB storage

If I select any of the choice for sd-ext I receive the error message "No app2sd partition found."

I am sure I am missing something simple, but it's like the ability to Partition is simply missing. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew

PS tried to PM you but it said your mailbox is full.

Last edited:

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Go back to my post on July 7th and follow the instructs on partitioning your SD card.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

andrewjb

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
you boot into recovery, then partition your sdcard. like this http://forum.androidcentral.com/64889-post7.html

Thanks for the tips BUT as I stated when I boot into recovery my option is "Partition menu" Then why I select that I can Format SD, but there is NO choice for partition. There are some options about sd-ext, but none say partition. This post would probably be perfect if someone could give me pointers on why I am not seeing the correct menu that everyone else seems to have.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tips BUT as I stated when I boot into recovery my option is "Partition menu" Then why I select that I can Format SD, but there is NO choice for partition. There are some options about sd-ext, but none say partition. This post would probably be perfect if someone could give me pointers on why I am not seeing the correct menu that everyone else seems to have.
If you boot into recovery and do not see Partition sdcard on the menu then you need to push the recovery file back to the phone.

http://www.4shared.com/file/227127001/26dd398f/recovery-RA-heroc-v152.html
adb push recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img /sdcard

i just looked again at your post above what recovery file are you using?

andrewjb

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you boot into recovery and do not see Partition sdcard on the menu then you need to push the recovery file back to the phone.

recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
adb push recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img /sdcard

i just looked again at your post above what recovery file are you using?

What a nasty mess that was. Thanks for the recovery. I finally got it all working. I was using ROM Manager, and it uses a ROM that didnt have the same partition menu.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
has anyone noticed audio interference on iced 3.6, when i have headphones plugged in and i touch the screen i can hear some interference come thru and when i listen to music on either the default music app or pandora i get some crackling in the background at times which i didn't get when on stock rom?

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
has anyone noticed audio interference on iced 3.6, when i have headphones plugged in and i touch the screen i can hear some interference come thru and when i listen to music on either the default music app or pandora i get some crackling in the background at times which i didn't get when on stock rom?

I can't confirm that it's related to this specific ROM, but I also noticed the hiss when touching the screen while on a call.

...It's not really affecting anything though, right?

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Beezy - are you going to be working on a 2.2 Froyo ROM? I'd really like to see Sense UI working on our phones with Froyo....

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
This may have been asked and answered somewhere in th 40+ pages here, I'm just too lazy to go look, but, for some reason, I can't sync my facebook contacts anymore. I'm running hb lite v.2. Also, do any of these support live wallpapers? It's not necessary, just curious.

Lite versions don't have the files to sync facebook contacts.Live wallpapers won't work on honeybun only on Iced versions.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I can't confirm that it's related to this specific ROM, but I also noticed the hiss when touching the screen while on a call.

yea everything still worked fine but the audio when listening to music would have a hiss and crackle and it drove me nuts i did try the cyanogen cm6 beta and did not have the audio issue there but i missed sense ui to much so i had to switch back to stock for now till someone comes out with a froyo rom with sense and no audio hiss

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

Yeap thats cause of the kernel source i used im working on getting a new one built from the actually htc source should have it done soon.

Your right it won't hurt anything.

Beezy - are you going to be working on a 2.2 Froyo ROM? I'd really like to see Sense UI working on our phones with Froyo....

Im not sure,i have a couple things the im testing/palying around with,but i think i might be switching phones soon so don't know how far ill go with it.

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
other than some hacked mash-up, i doubt there can be much done about a stable sense froyo rom until HTC drops the kernal/source. According to the open source GNU, they arent required to drop it until its released on a production HTC phone.

Since the sense proggies/services itself is not open source, it would have ot be ported and cant be built from source.

Too many things broken with the ASOP source, as anyone whos played with cryogenmods froyo beta has noticed (camera preview, MMS issues, GPS losing lock, etc).

Last edited:

andrewjb

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Moron here again, if I use Astro to look where the apps are being stored and see the apps in /system/sd/app does this mean they are being stored on the phone rather than the sdcard? I looked using a USB Drive connection and didnt see any on the SD card. Is there a command I need to do start A2SD?

Last edited:

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
not necessarily, if a2sd is installed correctly, its just a hardlink the to ext partition.

if u have the sdk installed, plug in the phone and type the following "adb shell" then on the # prompt type "a2sd check" and it will tell you where everything is

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
you are good to go, Beezy doesn't recomend moving the dalvik to SD because it pounds on the memory and may send your SD card to an early grave.

looks l;ike u forgot to make a swap partition when u formatted the EXT partition. might want to fix that.

andrewjb

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
you are good to go, Beezy doesn't recomend moving the dalvik to SD because it pounds on the memory and may send your SD card to an early grave.

looks l;ike u forgot to make a swap partition when u formatted the EXT partition. might want to fix that.

ok, thanks! Now another thing to do!!! :)

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
make sure u move ur apps back to internal memory (a2sd remove) and copy off your SD card to your 'puter before you reformat!!!

also, once reformatted, type a2sd and follow the commands (it will tell you what to type) to move apps back to sd, turn on the swap, and zip align (not sure why beezy turned that off) at boot.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzle