quiet on the update front

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
seems to be quiet on the update front for the incredible after it didn't come tuesday. i really like the phone but it would be nice to have the full features like 720p video and froyo. kind of feel left behind with the release of droidx. anyone have any idea when incredible could get an update?

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
i like the senseui too. i heard the around christmas thing. i also heard we might get the 720p capability before we get froyo. just hoping!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
seems to be quiet on the update front for the incredible after it didn't come tuesday. i really like the phone but it would be nice to have the full features like 720p video and froyo. kind of feel left behind with the release of droidx. anyone have any idea when incredible could get an update?

Not much mentioned on this forum but on another one its talked about more."Some" of those think its going to be out friday , but I dont think so . I think it will be around thanksgiving as my "guess" , lol :p

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, someone on the Phandroid forums said that they have a "source" inside VZW who said that we're getting the update - including Froyo - tomorrow. I highly doubt that, and although the poster claims to have a "reputation" of providing good info in that forum, I haven't seen anything that he predicted and he hasn't posted since. Not looking good.

However, in that thread someone else said they went to one of the Droid X scavenger hunt events and talked to one of the VZW people there. That person said that the update failed Verizon internal testing (which Big Red is known to do) and that a new update was released to testers that should be available to us via OTA in two weeks, and that also includes Froyo. Also, HTC reps were apparently meeting with Verizon reps proclaiming that THEY will be the first to get Froyo, not counting the Nexus One. So if Motorola is claiming to have it out by August and HTC's claim is true, we should be seeing it soon.

Take all this with a grain of salt though. I won't believe it until I see a screenshot of it leaked from Verizon's system, and even then I'll be skeptical.

Here's the link for the thread on Phandroid:
HTC Droid incredible 2.2 froyo coming July 16th - Android Forums

Last edited:

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The Christmas time was from a comment made by htc international pr guy about how htc expected the froyo update for all phones they are doing to be done by Christmas. He also said it wasn't going to take 6 months like update to 2.1 did.

If you think incredible will be last to get update, then Christmas it is.

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
There is a lot of smoke on this. Pretty crazy, but it would make sense. HTC is quietly working on their 2.2 while Moto works on the x. HTC almost needs this to keep their place (on par with Moto).

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
i'm glad to see that other people share my concern and that there is some hope. i especially agree that htc needs to do something quick or they will be second fiddle to the moto. it's sad because the incredible is such a great phone. it's worthy of being equiped with the best features.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, someone on the Phandroid forums said that they have a "source" inside VZW who said that we're getting the update - including Froyo - tomorrow. I highly doubt that, and although the poster claims to have a "reputation" of providing good info in that forum, I haven't seen anything that he predicted and he hasn't posted since. Not looking good.

However, in that thread someone else said they went to one of the Droid X scavenger hunt events and talked to one of the VZW people there. That person said that the update failed Verizon internal testing (which Big Red is known to do) and that a new update was released to testers that should be available to us via OTA in two weeks, and that also includes Froyo. Also, HTC reps were apparently meeting with Verizon reps proclaiming that THEY will be the first to get Froyo, not counting the Nexus One. So if Motorola is claiming to have it out by August and HTC's claim is true, we should be seeing it soon.

Take all this with a grain of salt though. I won't believe it until I see a screenshot of it leaked from Verizon's system, and even then I'll be skeptical.

Here's the link for the thread on Phandroid:
HTC Droid incredible 2.2 froyo coming July 16th - Android Forums

No way is Froyo included. If we are getting any update at all, it will be the 720p video/Wifi hotspot update. Stupid rumor is stupid. ;)

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i'm siked on the update, i love my Dinc. The DX reminds me of a portable dvd player absolutely enormous, my staples has a vzw kiosk in the store and when we got the DX demo i put it in my pocket comparing it to my Incredible and its just retart big haha

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
No way is Froyo included. If we are getting any update at all, it will be the 720p video/Wifi hotspot update. Stupid rumor is stupid. ;)

Agreed. The poster retracted the Froyo bit, and now said that it's just going to be the 720p/WiFi hotspot/Droid boot animation 2.1 update that we've been hearing about recently. He said that the chances are "very very good" that it will get released tomorrow. I'm still highly doubtful.

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
ok, i'm still figuring out the whole notification thing. will there be some obvious notification that the update is available? do i just check the notifications widget? or do i go in settings where you can check for system updates? that's how i found out i could get the 2.1 update after i read about it on the net

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
ok, i'm still figuring out the whole notification thing. will there be some obvious notification that the update is available? do i just check the notifications widget? or do i go in settings where you can check for system updates? that's how i found out i could get the 2.1 update after i read about it on the net

When I got my DInc there was already an update. It poped up in the notifications. I assume this would be the same.

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i'm hoping that will be true. mine came with 1.5 and i'm not sure how long 2.1 was out before i found that i could do the update on my phone.