New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

kevhonda

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Update:

Ordered: 11:36am EST (SC)
Got an email confirmation, Google wallet has order as "pending, Never got a tracking email (still haven't)

Just got off the phone w/ Google the guy says if you haven't got an backorder email yet you are good to go, he checked my device and said it's on the way... about the tracking email well who the hell knows. Good luck guys!

b2k1121

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I talked to a rep and he asked if I had gotten the email, and because I had not yet, I am safe. There were 3 waves and the last one ended about 30-45 min ago. If you have not gotten an email from them, I think your safe!
Safe in what way? If they have more product why haven't they printed the shipping labels yet? A batch went out early this morning, but no labels since then, what are they doing?

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. No emails whatsoever other than the confirmation email after I ordered. Don't know whats worse. Getting the back order email or nothing at all and being left in the dark.

Derek712

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Having a Nokia in my pocket right this moment, I have to say the build quality and battery life. If you are a person not too concerned with the limited environment of WP and the looser than iOS and undoubtedly stricter than Android restrictions, Lumia's are amazing. However, I value the ability to take good photos and WP 7 lacked it and I won't tolerate that anymore. Also my roommate had one of those 3D LG's and that thing did not last long...

I got the Lumia 920 last Friday. I have to say I am quite impressed but not quite enough. The build quality and screen are phenomenal. I found the camera to be great though, especially in low light. The lack of apps is the kicker for me though, since I am coming off a Gnex. WP8 is at least a few months away from being "for me". I could live with it for the camera alone but I'm hoping the Nexus 4 is at least adequate in comparison. Hopefully I don't get backordered so I can at least compare the two. I only have a week to return the Lumia

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Safe in what way? If they have more product why haven't they printed the shipping labels yet? A batch went out early this morning, but no labels since then, what are they doing?

I keep wondering the same?... they have shipped out a few, they have placed the rest on back orders, what about the rest? Will they ship or will they get cancelled tomorrow morning? Really bad customer service google, maybe you should get someone from apple to teach you how to treat your loyal customers...i think if they paid 15$ per hour to hire more contractors to tackle these logistics issues, they would have done it much better..its really like a puzzle to me on what is preventing them to ship and what search algorithm have they used to ship others?

Ace Deucey

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I cannot say. I have been talking to google play a lot in the past days and since it has only been concerning my order I do not know about yours. What time did you order? I ordered at 1:06.

I ordered at 2:46 EST. I'm one of the latest, I think. Ben Kessler's story looks like they're going by order time region by region (splitting the cube).

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was told that their trackign system is really messed up right now that's why people that might of already have theirs sent out didn't get any emails about tracking yet because it got over whelmed and it strying to make up for lost time. Hopefully ours are all sent out and just waiting for the wave of emails to come out regarding tracking info.

Murkle

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
"I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We are working very hard to fulfill the orders that were placed, including yours. It's also important to note that your card has not been charged until the item actually ships, at this point there is an Authorization on your account for the cost of the device however funds haven't been removed.

If you have any further questions, or I can help you in any other way I'd be more than happy to do so, simply reply to this email.

Thanks,

Andy

The Google Play Team"

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I was told that their trackign system is really messed up right now that's why people that might of already have theirs sent out didn't get any emails about tracking yet because it got over whelmed and it strying to make up for lost time. Hopefully ours are all sent out and just waiting for the wave of emails to come out regarding tracking info.

I don't know who told you this, but if whatever you typed is true, it would be some great news...and by the way they can let us know the tracking number over the phone if its really shipped?

There are various factors to be considered... UPS problems? Google play store problem? Wallet problem? Credit Card problem? my problem that i am dreaming about ordering? damn ...

robotate

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
2 orders in SF bay area:
n4 16gb + bumpers + n10 32gb + pre-loaded with account @ 8:41 PST
n4 16gb + n10 32gb + not pre-loaded with account @ 8:49 PST

Neither email about either order. Here's hoping it means "on the way", although nothing from UPS My Choice makes me think they haven't shipped.

Derek712

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

That could be. The tracking system at the company I work for is sometimes flakey at best - sending tracking up to 12 hours later. Chances are their system is something bought, not something they created, so it could be buggy or slow(especially with massive orders)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

madj42

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Order date: Nov 13, 2012 10:55:47 AM CST
Order: Nexus 4 | 16GB

Figured I'd chime in too. I received the shipping notification around 3:00am CST. My tracking # shows it's in Louisville, KY but when my work's mailroom guy called to see if he could get it intercepted, he was told it was on it's way to another location and that they couldn't grab it.

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
"Thank you for contacting us.

We are working to ship all items in your order as quickly as possible within the 3 week timeframe. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your order is processed and on it's way.

Thanks"

That's what I got but I spoke a lot more on the phone.

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
"Thank you for contacting us.

We are working to ship all items in your order as quickly as possible within the 3 week timeframe. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your order is processed and on it's way.

Thanks"
That's what I got but I spoke a lot more on the phone.

Did you receive the back-order email earlier?

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I did, even after a rep told me 5 minutes before I got the email that I would get my phone tmmr. I think they saw my account they put it on backorder... Conspiracy...

Cloudscout#WN

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Order date: Nov 13, 2012 10:55:47 AM CST

Figured I'd chime in too. I received the shipping notification around 3:00am CST. My tracking # shows it's in Louisville, KY but when my work's mailroom guy called to see if he could get it intercepted, he was told it was on it's way to another location and that they couldn't grab it.

I think this confirms that there is absolutely no rhyme nor reason to the end results since mine is still pending and I ordered the exact same thing 11 minutes and 12 seconds BEFORE madj42 and we're both in Minnesota. I received my order confirmation email on Tuesday but haven't received any further communication since then.

Order date: Nov 13, 2012 10:44:35 AM CST

robotate

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think this confirms that there is absolutely no rhyme nor reason to the end results since mine is still pending and I ordered the exact same thing 11 minutes and 12 seconds BEFORE madj42 and we're both in Minnesota. I received my order confirmation email on Tuesday but haven't received any further communication since then.

Order date: Nov 13, 2012 10:44:35 AM CST

Yeah, but what's your SIGN? Obviously Libra's got shipping, Aquarii got backordered, and us Scorpios are still in limbo...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OSCAR DE BUG