WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Scott has 4 ROMs for the Verizon 3 are deodexed and 1 is available as odexed or deodexed. So the chances are greater that he is on a deodexed rom.

Could also be that SuperSu is the trick as QBKing has mentioned. I always replace superuser app with SuperSu on every rom I run on my phone...
Ah ok . So we must be on a deodexed rom or have the super superapp .?

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So i was able to get it workin on odex. Supersu is the trick 4 sure. I did a couple test runs with both superuser super su odex and deodex. Superuser would only work on the deodex rom for me where as if i was on odex i would get 15 su requests and it never would actually start the hotspot. updating to super su and letting it update the binary did the trick for me on an odex rom tho. sorry about the confusion. weird how the superuser app is what makes the difference here

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got pm from someone who was having issues. He was trying to test Wi-Fi tethering while his phone was connected to Wi-Fi.

Just a heads up in case someone else tries this. You can't tether while on Wi-Fi. You must turn off Wi-Fi. You can only tether a 3g or 4g lte signal.
I just tried with Wifi On and it worked for me
The app automatically disconnected WiFi for me.... I had started mine with WiFi on, too.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

same here..worked for me

radiation0512

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed working with Wifi Tether apk in OP - installed rooted deodexed stock JB rom/Firmware - changed profile to GS3 and I'm replying on my laptop tethered to my GS3 - Thanks Skunkape60!!

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott has 4 ROMs for the Verizon 3 are deodexed and 1 is available as odexed or deodexed. So the chances are greater that he is on a deodexed rom.

Could also be that SuperSu is the trick as QBKing has mentioned. I always replace superuser app with SuperSu on every rom I run on my phone...

This is suppose to be the latest version: WifiTether_TrevE_Mod_Latest.apk ::. | by virus for EVO 3D

I installed that version, stock Odexed, rooted, wouldn't work until I installed SuperSU from the market. I can't get encryption to work, even though some stated it worked for them, but with encrption off, I can connect no issues. If you install SuperSU and you already had superuser, do you just keep both or un-install superuser? Can anyone confirm encryption working and if so how did you get it to go?

by the way if your going to install the tether app, you WILL need this as well: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ZXUuY2hhaW5maXJlLnN1cGVyc3UiXQ&token=Q-ERjTeR..

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This is suppose to be the latest version: WifiTether_TrevE_Mod_Latest.apk ::. | by virus for EVO 3D

I installed that version, stock Odexed, rooted, wouldn't work until I installed SuperSU from the market. I can't get encryption to work, even though some stated it worked for them, but with encrption off, I can connect no issues. If you install SuperSU and you already had superuser, do you just keep both or un-install superuser? Can anyone confirm encryption working and if so how did you get it to go?

by the way if your going to install the tether app, you WILL need this as well: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ZXUuY2hhaW5maXJlLnN1cGVyc3UiXQ&token=1uLnd5u6..

Just delete the superuser apk in system/apps with any root file explorer.

warrenbert

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Skunkape60. Works on my VZW SGS3 running Scott's CleanROM 4.5. I was considering a flash back to ICS so I could keep my Nexus 7 tethered.

42rj21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Skunkape. Works good for me. Nice to have a compatible version for jelly bean. Now if you just get LBE Privacy Guard compatible with jelly bean. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

snaqvi91

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Wait does this mean that the nexus 4 doesn't have the built in ability to become a Wi-Fi hotspot?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums