Note 2 or DNA?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone one have or had both phones here? Thoughts? And is there at pay,met app I could use since neither phone can use wallet?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone one have or had both phones here? Thoughts? And is there at pay,met app I could use since neither phone can use wallet?

I have had both phone and they both have good and bad points to them. DNA has an amazing screen and can be used in 1 hand much easier. The Note 2 is bigger and comes with better software (TW on Note 2 is better than Sense in my opinion). While there may be much debate over the 2 devices you have to get the one that you prefer. For me, I have always prefered Samsung devices. Best thing I can tell you is to go to the store and play with both.

Out of the box, either one does not support Wallet. They will support Verizon's version of wallet which is garbage if you ask me because Google Wallet should be supported on all Android devices.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the DNA and my wife has the N2. If you can deal with the physical size of the N2 I'd say go for the N2. It has a more vibrant screen though the detail on the DNA is better. It has by far the better camera and the extra screen real estate is a huge plus.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Any word on how the radio signals and call qualities compare?

Radio on the DNA is simply incredible. It holds an excellent 4G signal in conditions where the Gnex might have struggles to give me 3 bars of a 3G signal. The N2 radio seems adequate but no match for the DNA.

rebelguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I was impressed with the DNA's screen but other than that it just felt like more of the same from HTC. It was basically a super-sized Incredible.

The N2 is a game changer with the implementation of the S pen and other software.

rebelguy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Radio on the DNA is simply incredible. It holds an excellent 4G signal in conditions where the Gnex might have struggles to give me 3 bars of a 3G signal. The N2 radio seems adequate but no match for the DNA.

The GNEX radio was garbage. The Note 2 is a huge improvement for Samsung.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the radios are better on the Note 2. I have not noticed any difference though considering I never had any issues with the GNex radios though so I see no major improvements based on my personal usages.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm just torn over the memory. While I don't store much, Im concerned about the DNA not receiving updates.

I was torn over the DNA's NON upgradeable memory AND NON removable battery. I didn't care how much better the DNA's screen, whether it was 1080p, 1080i or 4k. I bought the GN2 for its removable (and AWESOME) battery and upgradeable memory (and bigger screen) even though it's "only" 720p. Good enough for me. :D

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I was torn over the DNA's NON upgradeable memory AND NON removable battery. I didn't care how much better the DNA's screen, whether it was 1080p, 1080i or 4k. I bought the GN2 for its removable (and AWESOME) battery and upgradeable memory (and bigger screen) even though it's "only" 720p. Good enough for me. :D

This is mine line of thinking as well. I don't care so much about the screen, as long as it doesn't look like its being held underwater. I'm leaning towards the note 2 but I really dislike touch wiz. I could always download another launcher though.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd go for the note 2. The DNA is nice but nothing special in the way of functionality. If you can handle the size the Note 2 has no rival.

Sent from my beastly Verizon Note 2.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'd go for the note 2. The DNA is nice but nothing special in the way of functionality. If you can handle the size the Note 2 has no rival.

Sent from my beastly Verizon Note 2.

Has the note ever felt too big? Also is touch wiz still overbearing? My last experience with touch wiz was the infuse and I really didn't like it. I realize you can use a different launcher but does that solve the problem?

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Has the note ever felt too big? Also is touch wiz still overbearing? My last experience with touch wiz was the infuse and I really didn't like it. I realize you can use a different launcher but does that solve the problem?

I use Nova Launcher with it. More customizations over the stock touchwiz launcher. :D

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Exactly, and I'm not regretting the decision one bit. So long as Samsung keeps doing this I'm going to stay a customer.

I'm very picky but I have found touch wiz to be the least annoying of any of the manufacturer skins. That said most of my annoyances are with the launcher which is easily remedied. Nova launcher is my launcher of choice right now.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, and I'm not regretting the decision one bit. So long as Samsung keeps doing this I'm going to stay a customer.

I'm very picky but I have found touch wiz to be the least annoying of any of the manufacturer skins. That said most of my annoyances are with the launcher which is easily remedied. Nova launcher is my launcher of choice right now.

Thanks for the response. It seems like more people like the note (reviewers and every day people). I'm going to look at both phones tomorrow to see what I think.

grumpyjoe

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I've had the note 2 for about a week now and I'm loving it. Had a few htc phones and was getting tired of that platform. The only thing I'm not crazy about is I cannot put apps onto the sd card. I'm not rooted and I'm not planning to. Do that would be the only bad thing I can find so far. One thing I did change is I'm running nova launcher. That's pretty slick. I really like it. Had go launcher on my last phone and for reasons I don't know would avg about 16 gigs a month in data. Un installed it and went back to under 2 gigs. That was really weird. But I'm still learning with this note 2. But loving every minute.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums