Random Social Chit-Chat

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Do something stupid before you very yo there make the class laugh. Always easier that way. When presenting look at the entire class no one in their eyes directly. Just look in the direction of them and focus on nothing but what you're presenting

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Breathing always helps. :thumbup::D and I shall, I always find it awkward looking at someone directly lol..

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys know any good ways to suppress nervousness/anxiety when taking in front of people? I got to talk about 5 people Monday for 10min and to me that seems like an hour. So in all seriousness any suggestions? It's not funny btw; my heart starts pounding and I get crazy nervous when I need to present something in front of people lol.

Practice, Practice, Practice....................But if your presentation is this Monday then practicing 2 days will not be enough, it takes time to master. Try some meditation, and breathing techniques. I used to suffer from this as well. In one of my first jobs, I used to work as a busboy at a restaurant. I wanted to be a Waiter but that required speaking to people. I kept asking and finally they gave me the chance. Needless to say I got my very first table (a deuce, party of 2) and I started to panic, and sweat, and became very shaky. I either had to swim or sink, so I took about 10-15 minutes before I got up the nerve to approach the table, it was a disaster. After that, the second table was easier, the third much easier, after a while it was a breeze. It got so easy that I could speak in front of private parties of 50 - 100 guests with no problem. Practice makes Perfect!!!! Oh, one other trick is to not make direct eye contact, instead look about 3" to 6" above their heads (it will look like you are, which is essential in public speaking).

Good luck!!

Athenazoe78

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I can agree with not looking at someone particular. When I sang at the wedding of a close friend of mine, she startet crying, I started looking at her and nearly messed the song up :-[
It brings me out of concept.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Practice, Practice, Practice....................But if your presentation is this Monday then practicing 2 days will not be enough, it takes time to master. Try some meditation, and breathing techniques. I used to suffer from this as well. In one of my first jobs, I used to work as a busboy at a restaurant. I wanted to be a Waiter but that required speaking to people. I kept asking and finally they gave me the chance. Needless to say I got my very first table (a deuce, party of 2) and I started to panic, and sweat, and became very shaky. I either had to swim or sink, so I took about 10-15 minutes before I got up the nerve to approach the table, it was a disaster. After that, the second table was easier, the third much easier, after a while it was a breeze. It got so easy that I could speak in front of private parties of 50 - 100 guests with no problem. Practice makes Perfect!!!! Oh, one other trick is to not make direct eye contact, instead look about 3" to 6" above their heads (it will look like you are, which is essential in public speaking).

Good luck!!

I love talking to people but talking in front of people is were I suck lol.

Athenazoe78

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
:-[ oh thanks! tbh: I got my hair cut this way just yesterday. Before then, it was about cheek-long (for about one year), and before it was REALLY long.
I like Alternative Rock, yes (and "true Rock", too ;-) ). Do you know Marillion or Fish?
But I also like many other kinds of music, as Regina Spektor, Kelly Hogan, Sister Hazel for example and due to my elder brothers i grew up with Dire Straights and Clapton and a-ha ;-)

edit: oops, forgot about Leonard Cohen. I?m a big fan of his art, I have a song-title and a lily tattoed on my shoulder :-[

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
:-[ oh thanks! tbh: I got my hair cut this way just yesterday. Before then, it was about cheek-long (for about one year), and before it was REALLY long.
I like Alternative Rock, yes (and "true Rock", too ;-) ). Do you know Marillion or Fish?
But I also like many other kinds of music, as Regina Spektor, Kelly Hogan, Sister Hazel for example and due to my elder brothers i grew up with Dire Straights and Clapton and a-ha ;-)

edit: oops, forgot about Leonard Cohen. I?m a big fan of his art, I have a song-title and a lily tattoed on my shoulder :-[

Not familiar with Marillion? I have heard of Fish. I have an eclectic taste in music. I do love Classic Rock, but my passion is 80's indie or alternative music. One of my favorite bands is "The Smiths", I know I am dating myself :p:p

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

If you like Leonard Cohen, you should listen to "The Smiths" they have some of the greatest lyrics. A lot of their music touches on themes similar to Leonard Cohen: depression, religion, death, politics, social commentary.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Unless it's super duper fast, light and efficient, it's gonna be like every other version of windows. A big fat flop. ...has anybody else noticed that? Windows for the home PCs, every other version sucks........ Xp was good, vista ( or 7, they both look too similar for me) sucked, the next one was good, windows 8 is basically pointless on non touch devices. Which means next one oughta be good. :)

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN**

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

that, XP rocked, Vista sucked hard, 7 was awesome and 8 is meh. :p

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I try to keep my cool as much as I can and try to control my sometimes shaky voice but it Doesn't end up to well sometimes lol. Also I do participate in class but when the attention is on me man do I feel nervous lol.

You gotta believe what you're saying wholeheartedly. That should help. Also, keep a list of bullet points, along with the actual 5 min text. That way it's easier to get back on if you sidetrack even a little bit.

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Getting my flu shot today :thumbup:

Although I'm scared to death of needles... :(

we got ours a month ago :)
it seems to be a strong strain in the vaccine this year coz we woke up with total symptoms for a day.
iv had flu 1ce (no not a cold lol) n it was bad,bein asthmatic.
well worth gettin for me.
i never catch cold though :)
clairs diabetic n shes terrified of needles lmao

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
we got ours a month ago :)
it seems to be a strong strain in the vaccine this year coz we woke up with total symptoms for a day.
iv had flu 1ce (no not a cold lol) n it was bad,bein asthmatic.
well worth gettin for me.
i never catch cold though :)
clairs diabetic n shes terrified of needles lmao

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

I skip the flu shot each year and thankfully managed to stay healthy.... I didn't know flu shots are available in Europe too...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i slept from friday mornin til now lol. had mad lucid dreams :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
aww thanx bud :)

guess who's gettin married on 6th february (if not in the jail yet)????? :):)

I really hope it all works out man and am really glad that you found someone how loves and cares about you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I skip the flu shot each year and thankfully managed to stay healthy.... I didn't know flu shots are available in Europe too...
Vitamin D is a key part of increasing your immune system. I read up a lot on this when there was a Swine Flu break out in Canada a few years back and everything pointed to us not getting enough sunlight and vitamin D. I have been taking a dedicated pill daily along with a multi vitamin and I haven't been sick in any way since. I am really surprised that it made such a difference. My staff has also started taking it now and we see a total difference between the ones that don't take vitamin D to those that do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe