Chromecast from Best Buy box was empty.!!!!!

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Chromecast from bestbuy box was empty.!!!!!

Good luck finding one in a BB store! Every store in a hundred mile radius of here has been sold out since the day after they were released. I goofed and started looking for one a couple days after launch and so far SOL. Heck, I can't even find where the BB stores here ever even had a display for the things. They must have sold them all out of the back room before they even found shelf space for them! LOL

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I had a similar experience about a year ago from another online retailer. Basically what happend was someone in lifted the tape up just slightly on one end and then slightly on one side just enough so they could pull whatever was on top of the box. They item i was getting kind of small and they got like a flash drive or something. It was still anoying though. It was kind of like they open a spot just enough for their hand/arm to fit in and see if they could find something small to pull out.

It sucks but that is a risk of haveing something shipped to you.

auau465121

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

I had a similar experience about a year ago from another online retailer. Basically what happend was someone in lifted the tape up just slightly on one end and then slightly on one side just enough so they could pull whatever was on top of the box. They item i was getting kind of small and they got like a flash drive or something. It was still anoying though. It was kind of like they open a spot just enough for their hand/arm to fit in and see if they could find something small to pull out.

It sucks but that is a risk of haveing something shipped to you.

I'm starting to think that's what happen I hate UPS. That's why I never ship with them

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

>>> I canceled my HBO & Cinemax subscription cause i had plans on using Netflix and chormecast for my movie viewing. <<<

I hope you realize that the online streaming version of Netflix, doesn't have the same selection of movies, as the ship a DVD/BLUERAY to home version.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Exactly what I was thinking I think it was a packaging error. I'm not about them messing up I mean it happens. Its the fact that I can't find one anywhere except eBay which has jacked up the prices.

I should add, I wasn't trying to judge you or any conclusions you were making. Just a hypothetical if somebody did take it how dumb would that be?

I love my device and do hope you get it sorted out ASAP. :)

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site

I order the google chromecast the first day it was on sell online and it shipped the next day. I received it today and to my surprise the box was empty with nothing but the receipt. I have been waiting (5) days for my chormecast to arrive and i get this inconvenience. I called to report this and was told this item is sold out and we don't know when we will be getting anymore in stock. This is not the way you do business. The person that did it had to to it on purpose cause i had (4) pads in the box to try to make up for the size of the package.. Now i have to wait (3) days for someone to contact me and hope that here are some back in stock soon. How is the acceptable for any business to let this happen. I canceled my HBO & Cinemax subscription cause i had plans on using Netflix and chormecast for my movie viewing. Thanks bestbuy for the great service:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAAASI/_5NzP1f_Mq8/w346-h260/2013-07-29

It might not of been Best Buy. It could of been the person delivered the package.

auau465121

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Welp they finally admitted they messed up gave me my money back $20 credit plus I keep my Netflix code. So when they do get more in stock I only will pay $15 for mine so it wasn't all bad. just still don't have a chromecast might just get one from eBay. I'm tired of seeing YouTube videos of how great it is :mad:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375329724757.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375329724757.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 63

baldbear

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I got my Chromecast Yesterday for BB Online, it came in a bubble envelope, not a box. (the envelope was open though, and the carrier could have easily removed the Chromecast, but luckily did not.)

auau465121

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

I got my Chromecast Yesterday for BB Online, it came in a bubble envelope, not a box. (the envelope was open though, and the carrier could have easily removed the Chromecast, but luckily did not.)

Thats great for you just brought one of ebay got tired of reading all the reviews on how great it is. Never shopping with bestbuy online again.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

I received mine today from best buy and it came in a sealed box.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

baldbear

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

A sealed Chromecast box in a bubble envelope, I should have been clearer.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

No doubt it happens with many companies, but if the OP's package was shipped by UPS it doesn't make sense to blame other companies for the missing Chromecast, nor does it excuse UPS if "everybody does it."

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought two and they have arrived. The interesting thing is it was sent UPS to a post office and then delivered US mail. Small cardboard box couple of air pillows and a clear round seal on one seam of the chrome cast box.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought two and they have arrived. The interesting thing is it was sent UPS to a post office and then delivered US mail. Small cardboard box couple of air pillows and a clear round seal on one seam of the chrome cast box.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I buy a lot from Amazon and they do this.
Usually FedEx/UPS to the local post office or Lasership, for the final delivery

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

picopir8

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Did a box arrive from best buy? They shipped my chromecast in a padded envelope. I wonder if the shipping label was just placed on the wrong item or intentionally moved...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeFunct1222