U.S. bought N5 to use in Canada?

caelius_overcasts

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible?

I live in the states and my bf lives in Canada. I know he really likes N5 and his birthday's coming up so I'm thinking about getting him one. The only problem is that seems when I get on Google Play, I can only make shipment to a U.S. address, which is no biggie cuz I can always mail it myself. But that made me wonder, would he be able to use it in Canada? Is there some kind of restriction on a N5 bought from the U.S. Play Store? Would he have to jailbreak it or sth?

Thanks a million ahead for your help!!!

bigmike09890

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Do some research into the network and make sure the radio bands match up. From what I understand Canada gets the international version.

Posted via Android Central App

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible?

I live in the states and my bf lives in Canada. I know he really likes N5 and his birthday's coming up so I'm thinking about getting him one. The only problem is that seems when I get on Google Play, I can only make shipment to a U.S. address, which is no biggie cuz I can always mail it myself. But that made me wonder, would he be able to use it in Canada? Is there some kind of restriction on a N5 bought from the U.S. Play Store? Would he have to jailbreak it or sth?

Thanks a million ahead for your help!!!

It'll work with no issues. No rooting required.

Posted via Android Central App