Group messaging more than 10 people

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
So I have a galaxy note 3, and no matter what app I use, I cannot send / reply to a group text if it has more than 10 people in it, worse is when I send a text to a group of 10 or less, I see 10 messages sent. I have tried chomp, textra, Gosms pro, handscent, and now ninja sms.... I am wondering if this is a limitation of 4.3 and Touchwiz. Wondering if the nexus 5 handles this better.

Posted via Android Central App

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Not possible sir, we are a mix of iPhone and Android users.... with a WP8 guy as well, and all need to be in the same thread. Thanks for the advice.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, haven't tried texting a group that big. But my guess is, if it's a limitation of the app, it likely won't behave any differently on the Nexus. You could have everybody install Hangouts on their phone (although not sure if your WP buddy will be able to...I know it's available for iOS though) and text using MMS rather than SMS. I can't imagine that you'd have problems going that route. I think WhatsApp is a similar multi-platform messaging service.

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, right now I am trying to all get them to install the Groupme app. Nice clean interface, available on all platforms. It's my softball tournament team.... bunch of personalities.... and trying to get them to all do the same thing.... if they do, I will be buying a lottery ticket. It was fine when we were all on iPhones, but we are mostly android now, with a few iOS hold outs, and the guy who bought the lumia 1520,

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
With groupme, I don't think everyone needs to have the app installed. For example, you could install the app, and send the text out to 20 people. Any of those folks can just reply back to your text and it gets sent to all 20.
Only if they want to initiate a new group text will they need the groupme app