Anyone Find A Good USB 3.0 Car Charger With A Coiled Cord?

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I will say this one more time. USB 3.0 does not have anything to do with charging rate.

mjc

Posted via Android Central App

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I will say this one more time. USB 3.0 does not have anything to do with charging rate.

Hate to disagree but....

USB 2.0 vs 3.0: Charging and Power

A USB 2.0 port is able to deliver 0.5 A of power while USB 3.0 is able to output 0.9 A. This means two things: USB 3.0 devices are able to charge faster and USB 3.0 ports can support more power-hungry devices.

Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 is the first phone in the world with a USB 3.0 port, making it ideal for comparing USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 charging speeds.

We first connected our Note 3 to a desktop computer's USB 2.0 port and recorded the time it took for the phone battery to charge from 0 to 100%. The same process was then repeated with a USB 3.0 port and a wall charger.

Charge Time

USB 2.0
7 h 48 min

USB 3.0
5 h 8 min

Wall Charger
2 h 15 min

Take-home lesson: If you're using a desktop or laptop computer to charge your devices, then USB 3.0 will save you a good chunk of waiting time. However, USB 3.0's improved charge speed still pales in comparison to a wall charger (Note 3's default wall charger is rated at 2.0 A).

- See more at: Difference Between USB 2.0 and 3.0 - What You Must Know

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As stated above USB 3.0 only makes a difference when attached to a computer or laptop. So in the context of this thread what you really want is just a good car rapid charger. It doesn't matter if it has the usb3.0 port or not.

I have a rocket fish 2 amp charger from best buy that works great. Just make sure the charger can put out 2+ amps and it will be fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky