Sprint Tri-Band LTE Phone Discussion Thread aka Sprint Spark

Ryan Sonner

May 19, 2014
Visit site
My Question is.... Do we need to get Lawyers. They still don't acknowledge this issue publicly. They Deleted my threads on the Sprint Website, and Banned my account from posting when I made open threads with that info. I still haven't gotten a resolution either. I've called multipule times and told them "I know whats wrong.... And I know its not completely your fault (I.e. Sprint).but to continue to sweep under the rug... And Activley hide info from Users is just wrong. I feel almost that the mother of all Class Actions could be brought up. Each a Separate Filling 1.) Sprint actively offering Lemon Devices in Interim Network Areas, while acting as if nothing is wrong when they KNOW, and also the. Underhanded act of keeping users in the dark when Info Is presented to them 2.) Phone Manufacture I.E. HTC Samsung whoever, for putting out Devices that were known to be incapable of Functioning to standard of Service Availbe on current networks. Not acknowledging issue openly with customers. 3.) Google (who own Android if I'm not mistaken) for not acknolwdging a problem with these devices. Keeping consumers in Dark. (I feel they could have implimented software in the phone that had it check between the two bands even while in standby .
It was a vicious cycle when I got into all this.
Sprint Said Call HTC
HTC Said it was Software Call Sprint
Sprint Said Google Gives us Software Call Them
Google Says HTC gives them ....ect ect ect.

I use maybe 100 minutes in a month if I'm lucky.
Last month I used 2400****Minutes. I am disabled due to Cancer, so I don't work.... but the Griffin mental exhaustion was unbelieveable.
So what You Guys think? Grounds for the largest Lawsuit in History?

Posted via Android Central App

The Duck

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official Sprint Tri-Band LTE Phone Discussion Thread aka Sprint Spark

Ryan
My Htc one m8 in San Diego worked pathetically. As I had said before, the coverage didn't exist. It went from 4g to barely 3g or nothing. Many calls dropped. Even with a 3g reading on my phone, I couldn't get to update my apps or use credit card processing without much hassle. Back to the s3. Everything works well. The csr at the sprint store charged for returning a phone that doesn't work in my area. And he said that he didn't understand my issues. Of course not. They would be out of business if this was a retail chain. Didn't Dan Hesse come from a failing AT&T?

Just venting, the duck

Ryan Sonner

May 19, 2014
Visit site

Well duck,

There is a difference between a lack of connection, and a loaded network. In high pop. Areas the load on the network by number of users and also the ISP's network quality in the area can affect data speeds and connections. Where I live our Cable company is suddenlink. Now suddenlink hosts the hard infrastructure for the Carriers, but at the same time, a diffrent carrier may have a diffrent agreement with the isp. Just how you or I would pay for either a 10mb down 1.5mb up connection or a 50mbdown and 50mb up connection. Unfortunately there are a lot of factors that go into determining the actual service from a Cellular carrier, but there isn't much transparency from the company to the end user. All I could think is that the S3 is using a diffrent Antenna than said M8, and even though your using same network, the Tech behind the antennas will provide diffrent connection optimization.

I'm extremely frustrated with my issue. I don't want a diffrent device, but if the Lte 4G router that they are providing me for free till updates are made in my area dosent work, that's about my only option.

The Duck

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

At home I have to use the Airave router. And that's only 3g. But that is a different issue.The M8 wouldn't work well with the Airave either. That phone was switched to 3g only or LTE/3g. Perhaps the m8 would need a router with tri band capability? I'm not sure. My S3 works very well with it. Perhaps they're going in the right direction. But the left doesn't seem to be talking to the right hand. Good luck.
The duck

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

This was in Costa Mesa, CA

Attachments

• 1400647236538.jpg
    1400647236538.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 41

Ryan Sonner

May 19, 2014
Visit site

Haha, you dont even want to see mine.
Fist one is from data with cdma/lte turned on. Second is my home WiFi. I pay for 50down Nd 3 up.

Attachments

• 22749.jpg
    22749.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 22750.jpg
    22750.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 40

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

LTE in Greenville, SC

tahuju6a.jpg

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Haha, you dont even want to see mine.
Fist one is from data with cdma/lte turned on. Second is my home WiFi. I pay for 50down Nd 3 up.

LTE in Greenville, SC

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/21/tahuju6a.jpg

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

These are from band 25, not band 41 Spark.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

However do you know what band they're using?

Posted via the One successor to the One

Because I've never seen anything lower than 35mbps on band 41, so those speeds point out to regular LTE on band 25.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Pretty good speed in walton kentucky!!
umu2yje7.jpg

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX........LIFE IS GOOD✌

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

These are from band 25, not band 41 Spark.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that star/cross symbol in the notification bar mean your connected to spark? Which
Uses the 3 different lte bands?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that star/cross symbol in the notification bar mean your connected to spark? Which uses the 3 different lte bands?

You are wrong. ;)
If spinning, you are receiving and sending on any band of LTE.
"Spark" is the corporate name for the availability of all 3 bands.
This app will tell you which Sprint band you are on:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.blueline.signalcheck&token=iR8yl7vB

Mav. :cool:

P.S. This (free) app also will tell what Sprint Band you are on:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...et.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery&token=uYO9WptC

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

HopelesslyFaithful

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Because I've never seen anything lower than 35mbps on band 41, so those speeds point out to regular LTE on band 25.

band 41 can go as low as 5Mbps down with .05Mbps up if you have bad single. Upload tanks real fast on abnd 41 since cell phone can't send 2.5ghz signal well. I have seen 12/.05Mbps on band 41 due to barely having any signal.

You are wrong. ;)
If spinning, you are receiving and sending on any band of LTE.
"Spark" is the corporate name for the availability of all 3 bands.
This app will tell you which Sprint band you are on:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.blueline.signalcheck&token=8PhgFJ1J

Mav. :cool:

P.S. This (free) app also will tell what Sprint Band you are on:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...et.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery&token=w6iZ9A-t

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

##DEBUG# works too. depending on phone.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

band 41 can go as low as 5Mbps down with .05Mbps up if you have bad single. Upload tanks real fast on abnd 41 since cell phone can't send 2.5ghz signal well. I have seen 12/.05Mbps on band 41 due to barely having any signal.

##DEBUG# works too. depending on phone.

Never seen or heard of this.... Must see it to think otherwise.

HopelesslyFaithful

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Never seen or heard of this.... Must see it to think otherwise.

think about it....your dealing with a very high frequency and a handset that can only send a very weak signal...if your at borderline the weaker power source will tank the most.

now you can see
you can see at the same place and time
Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results
and how a little drop in signal when you already had borderline signal makes it tank hard in the upload because the device has a hard time because of lack of power.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/684793414

FIXED THIS SORRY FOR THAT

Now one where you barely have enough to stay connected. Still good download.....very very bad upload

Last edited:

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

think about it....your dealing with a very high frequency and a handset that can only send a very weak signal...if your at borderline the weaker power source will tank the most.

now you can see
you can see at the same place and time
and how a little drop in signal when you already had borderline signal makes it tank hard in the upload because the device has a hard time because of lack of power.

Now one where you barely have enough to stay connected. Still good download.....very very bad upload

I pulled 55mbps the other day on two bars, when I drove a bit and was toggling between 0-1 bars for an area, I was still pulling 32-34mbps. That is consistent with everyone else I've seen (in person) with Spark.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I pulled 55mbps the other day on two bars, when I drove a bit and was toggling between 0-1 bars for an area, I was still pulling 32-34mbps. That is consistent with everyone else I've seen (in person) with Spark.

Well in person means it's the same area you're in... Versus someone being in another state and having that weak signal which causes weak speeds.

I would hope the people around you on the same towers, location, etc. could pull the same speeds.. Otherwise that would be very odd... But for people in different areas and states the weak signal could easily provide less bandwidth than what you're used to seeing in your area.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Sprint defines spark as carrier aggregation in b41 in addition to b25 and b26.

The snapdragon 800/801/805 is only capable of dual band carrier aggregation AND 2-10mhz carriers maximum. So you can't aggregate the 20mhz b41 with anything. For reference, the note 3 uses the 800. S5,m8,and g3 the 801. The 805 hasn't been released yet.

y5a2eru5.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wengelgenene