Android Auto first impressions thread (and ask us anything!)

Travis Johnson9

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got the pioneer avh4100nex (for the android auto functionality) and it doesn't seem to be working with my phone. I updated it to 1.03 and my phone is running 5.0

I am using a galaxy S5 from verizon.

I have made sure the "only connect to known cars" box is unchecked.

When i plug my phone in, i get a red screen that says "cannot support android auto, your device cannot support android auto"

Does anyone know how I can fix this???

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Travis

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Can someone provide some more detail on how the music functionality works? Specifically I am interested in how you activate and switch between various radio stations and playlists. I am not really interested in randomly calling up music from my library.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The new version of AA seems to be showing letters and numbers across the AA display for some users, including myself. Does anyone know anything about this?

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. Don't know how that one got past QA. Nothing I've tried has fixed it. I'm going to have to go back to an older APK until they fix it. It's unusable this way. Too hard to see the interface.

cjackson234

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. Don't know how that one got past QA. Nothing I've tried has fixed it. I'm going to have to go back to an older APK until they fix it. It's unusable this way. Too hard to see the interface.

Yeah. This issue is covered in another thread. But it's clearly a beta build not intended for public use.

Posted via the Android Central App

k2natural

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster. I love these forums and can almost always find the answer I am looking for.

I am at my wits end with Android Auto, Pioneer NEX, OnePlus, and/or Cyanogenmod 12s. See, I am not really sure which one of these are the issue. I get anywhere between 30 seconds to five glorious minutes of Android Auto use. After an undetermined, short amount of time my Android Auto freezes (navigation stops, audio stops, it all stops.) The only way I have found to remedy the situation after freezing is to disconnect and reconnect my phone. I then get another 30 seconds to 5 minutes before it freezes again.

Here is what I am running:
Phone: OnePlus One with Cyanogenmod 12s (Lollipop)
Unit: Pioneer NEX 7100 (Firmware 1.03)
Streaming Service: Google Play
Carrier: AT&T 4G LTE

I have even gone as far as trying a higher quality USB cable running from the back of the unit since i saw it suggested in the ONePlus Forums. I don't know what else to try at this point. The frustrating part is after spending quite a bit of time googling I have come up short of other people having this issue. I want to love Android Auto. It's the primary reason I purchased this unit. Any and all advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster. I love these forums and can almost always find the answer I am looking for.

I am at my wits end with Android Auto, Pioneer NEX, OnePlus, and/or Cyanogenmod 12s. See, I am not really sure which one of these are the issue. I get anywhere between 30 seconds to five glorious minutes of Android Auto use. After an undetermined, short amount of time my Android Auto freezes (navigation stops, audio stops, it all stops.) The only way I have found to remedy the situation after freezing is to disconnect and reconnect my phone. I then get another 30 seconds to 5 minutes before it freezes again.

Here is what I am running:
Phone: OnePlus One with Cyanogenmod 12s (Lollipop)
Unit: Pioneer NEX 7100 (Firmware 1.03)
Streaming Service: Google Play
Carrier: AT&T 4G LTE

I have even gone as far as trying a higher quality USB cable running from the back of the unit since i saw it suggested in the ONePlus Forums. I don't know what else to try at this point. The frustrating part is after spending quite a bit of time googling I have come up short of other people having this issue. I want to love Android Auto. It's the primary reason I purchased this unit. Any and all advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Very much sounds like something's timing out on the phone at that point. Wouldn't happen to have another Lollipop device around to test with?

k2natural

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Very much sounds like something's timing out on the phone at that point. Wouldn't happen to have another Lollipop device around to test with?

Unfortunately, no. Despite strong opinions against the matter my wife insisted on an iPhone.

Perhaps next week I can check with one of the guys at work.

Posted via the Android Central App

VincentVV

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Make sure your USB cable is not too long. I found that if the cable is longer then 6Ft. It will start then close, or not start AA at all...

Like an *****, I ordered my USB cable from Pioneer. Only after calling them did I learn that there is nothing proprietary about their cable. However, there cable is long and has a female end with another cable included to plug into it. In other words, it's long. So I don't think cable length has anything to do with how the program performs. But cheap or knock off cables can be made subpar. And certain phones sometimes switch the wiring to the pins in such a way that if you don't use their cable for data exchanges, all others will just allow you to charge the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow