Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will you buy the Note 5 if it doesn't have a SD card and/or removable battery?

Catch is it looks the same size as other sim pin covers. Not seeing how a sd slot would go their too.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: Will you buy the Note 5 if it doesn't have a SD card and/or removable battery?

I agree that it doesn't look big enough for both but we can always hope it is I guess.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Think it is really just a matter of perspective in that picture, there won't be a SD slot in that tray

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Think it is really just a matter of perspective in that picture, there won't be a SD slot in that tray

People can hope :). Moto did it so I could see Samsung maybe following .. if not then not much else we can do.

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I would like a removable battery and card slot but I think the way for them to hit a home run here is to:

Offer a huge battery for the best battery life in its class and give us large internal storage. I think that would work. They have to have something to set this apart from the S6 Plus. This is the flagship device for them.

TournaFlyer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

There was a report of a Sprint "placeholder" on their website for the Note 5 that included SD card. However, that coulda' just been a copy/paste thing. I have come around some on the loss of these items, but not if it is appreciably more expensive. I'd be all over the Moto X Pure except I'm now hooked on wireless charging. lol.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

The fact that no images or renders of the Power button side leaked afaik, and the S6 Edge Plus is coming out at the same time gives a little hope that Samsung have Note aficionados in their hearts (cough) and may at least offer an sd card slot, if they understand a lot of their customers storage habits.

But with UFS 2.0 etc, why would they mess their SoC performance stats with a slower memory - unless they had an additional dedicated wotsit for the card reader, as someone tried to explain.

I can't see it happening.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I would like a removable battery and card slot but I think the way for them to hit a home run here is to:

Offer a huge battery for the best battery life in its class and give us large internal storage. I think that would work. They have to have something to set this apart from the S6 Plus. This is the flagship device for them.
At a very competitive price, not $750 or more. Then it might be a home run.

from the Elegance

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty sure this is what they are going to do

If the rumors are true, the battery will be 4100mah along with the Exynos processor. How I see it, if the S6 can last a full day with a 2300mah and the Exynos processor, it would last probably twice as long with a 4100mah battery

Speaking of storage, I am almost certain the base model will be 32GB, which is plenty of storage for a phone, but then they will also have a 64GB and possibly a 128GB version as well

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Samsung might be impacted from not only some core Note owners if no sd slot, but the iPhone 6+ refresh and the Moto X Pure. The Moto X Pure 64GB with micro sd is expected to cost $500 with no carrier bloat. The new Moto X is already getting positive buzz from the media.

Moto X with 64GB and a micro sd slot for $500, or a Note 5 128GB for probably $950. The big issue though for Moto X is the 3000 mah display. I am not aware of a very power efficient LCD display, so this could be an issue perhaps.

The Note 5 128gb subsidized could end up being a similar price as the 64GB Moto X at full price.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I can only speak for myself but I've come up with a solution that seemed like a no-brainer to me:

I never buy carrier-branded smartphones and, guess what, THERE IS NO SIM-CARD in my "phone", all I really need is a private, powerful PDA / pocketable tablet for my apps (lots of them) and data.

For phone-calls I still use my old clamshell "hard-keyed" NOKIA-phone which happens to have a genuine electrical power-on/off switch. And just in case that it will give up on me, I already have a new twin-model as a spare.

Problem solved! ;-)

Wow so old-school!
:eek:

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
If the display is power efficient (not very likely since Moto farms out for their displays) like the Note 4, I would buy the 64GB version. The 3,000 mah fixed battery though is likely going to be a problem. 5.7" 1440p LCD and a 808 chip that is no more power efficient than the 805 in the Note 4. My guess is at least 2.5 hours less screen time than the Note 4- presuming not too much white screen in the background of course on the Note 4.

The screen is 1080p, not 1440. No TouchWiz either so I'd think the new moto x would be similar to the note 4 in terms of battery life.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The screen is 1080p, not 1440. No TouchWiz either so I'd think the new moto x would be similar to the note 4 in terms of battery life.
Oops! Darn Thanks button.

That's the Pure edition with an SD 610 procesor or something.
The Style edition has the hi res screen and SD 808.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The Moto X does have an SD card, is 5.7, and starts at 400 dollars with a price bump of 50 per storage bump. The storage is 16/32/64.
The only thing I do not like about Motorola is the Camera. The shots from the Moto X, Droid, and Nexus have not been that Great in the past in my opinion.

Sent from my GNOTE4 using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I also find the spying argument a but weak as the government already knows where you live, where you work, and who you call, so they are already "spying" on you in some way.
Unless you have something to hide, I don't see why anyone has the need to be so protective of their pictures and music.
These companies are held under strict laws, and I doubt they would risk doing so and putting their reputation and company in danger.
I would learn to trust that these companies will not mess with your stuff, because they would not risk doing so.

xs228

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

What are you even talking about. Tell me on which planet will that happen? People still buy and carriers still sell basic flip phones for crying out loud. Get your head out of the techno morass that it's in and understand that people have different needs and there will always be someone willing to supply that need because they can make a buck out of it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I do not like about Motorola is the Camera. The shots from the Moto X, Droid, and Nexus have not been that Great in the past in my opinion.

Sent from my GNOTE4 using Tapatalk

Yes -- in the past they have been bad. That is why Motorola stated they would up their game this year on the camera. We still have to wait and see but early reports show some promise.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

What are you even talking about. Tell me on which planet will that happen? People still buy and carriers still sell basic flip phones for crying out loud. Get your head out of the techno morass that it's in and understand that people have different needs and there will always be someone willing to supply that need because they can make a buck out of it.
You may want to quote the post you're responding to somewhat aggressively.

from the Elegance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord