Recall For Battery Fire Hazard

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah mine is Y01 so affected.

Never noticed it that hot but going through it anyway. Maybe the replacement unit will have other minor hardware updates.

Tempted to keep the stylus.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Came across this while waiting for the 3.1 OTA to download.

NVIDIA recalls some 8-inch Shield tablets because of possible fire hazard | Android Central

I don't have a B or Y code on my battery status as the article explains. I assume that means it doesn't apply to mine.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
According to multiple articles, you can tell until you update. So if you checked while you were waiting for the update to download, you don't really know yet. Check once the update is complete.

Sent via my DROID Turbo via Mr. Universe's Signal...because you can't stop the signal!

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I begrudgingly initiated the recall process. I'm wary of it because my tablet functions perfectly and I'm happy with it. On the other hand it sure would be lame if the tablet started a house fire some day and I could have knowingly done something about it. Hopefully the new one will perform without issues as well!

The email I received after initiating the process did indicate that the old tablet would need to be returned: "Please remove all accessories - cover, SIM card, SD card, etc. - before returning your old tablet."

Posted via the Android Central App (Shield Tablet)

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah mine is Y01 so affected.

Never noticed it that hot but going through it anyway. Maybe the replacement unit will have other minor hardware updates.

Tempted to keep the stylus.

Ooh, the stylus! Great idea for a backup.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
This would explain all the stock suddenly disappearing from retailers...Submitted my info now just gotta wait 2-4 weeks.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Got a UPS confirmation of a delivery for Tuesday. Says it is from STERICYCLE-ES. I googled STERICYCLE and found it was a company that disposes of medical waste.

But apparently also what other Tablet recalls have been sent under. Not sure what to make of this...

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Got a UPS confirmation of a delivery for Tuesday. Says it is from STERICYCLE-ES. I googled STERICYCLE and found it was a company that disposes of medical waste.

But apparently also what other Tablet recalls have been sent under. Not sure what to make of this...

That is odd. Let us know if it is your new tablet...or...some weird mutated body part

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Just got my UPS confirmation delivery for Thursday. Didn't see anything about stericycle though.

bfulton74

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I got my replacement today around 5:00 and then got an email from Nvidia around 5:45 telling me my tablet has shipped. When I set up the new tablet nothing happened to the old one, still works fine.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Justin Allen

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Same I got my shield today around 2PM and started it up, the whole time I kept the old one running to see if it shuts down. Nothing. Old one runs fine. I wonder if it just wont shut off.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I got mine a week ago. I had trouble with my app backups and ended up calling nvidia support which was able to resolve the issue. I had also had my shield tablet cover break (the plastic of the bar with the magnets) and asked the guy (he asked if there was anything else he could help with) if it was possible to purchase just that piece. He offered to replace the shield tablet cover, and a few email exchanges later I got a new shield tablet cover on the way (despite it broke in the course of normal wear and tear). Fantastic customer service.

casscivi

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Just got my replacement in and am looking to sell it! Didn't open the box yet, brand new. I didn't use it enough unfortunately to justify keeping it. Anybody know anyone who would be interested? Paid around $450 CAD so am looking for $350.

-2 GB of ram
-8" Full HD LCD
-16 GB + microSD
-5 MP auto focus HDR front and user facing cameras

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000