What's your favorite RSS reader? (And win a free case)

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I prefer Pulse, simply because it is available on the mobile platforms I frequently use.

Yes, I have an iPad and an iPod touch. Using Pulse, I don't have to learn a new UI for three different platforms. I think that, in the future, that will be a very big deal.

Plus, RSS apps usually have pretty bad UIs, where Pulse is actually the exception, IMO.

bluesteel

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I like BeyondPod, and like others, it's mostly because I don't want to have separate apps for podcatching and reading. It does both very well, IMO.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Looking for an update regarding news readers. I've been using Google Reader (the app) and it has some nice features. But, there are some drawbacks and it is a huge memory hog. I'd be interested if there are newer readers that have people enamored.

Things I'd like:
1. Google Synchronization
2. Multiple Accounts (don't mind switching in the app, but logging out and back in is a pain).
3. Pinch Zoom (many scale for the screen, but there are times that it would be handy to quickly re-size to a larger version).
4. Ability to edit feeds easily, including changing their folders.
5. Store data to memory card.
6. Offline cache would be fine, but I actually prefer dynamic updating.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Google reader is amazingly great :), Use it on PC too, just better than going from Androidcentral to Engadget to XDA x).

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Google Reader app and hated it:
* When I launch the thing, I have to select a folder instead of it taking me right to my preferred "All Feeds" list.
* The font is HUGE. Even when I had my Hero I couldn't stand how big the fonts were.
* Navigation is cumbersome at best. Open app, select "All Feeds", scroll to a story I'm interested in, select it, read it, then go BACK to the list, scroll to the next one, and select it, lather, rinse, repeat.

I am *still* using just the Google Reader web site. It defaults to "All Feeds" and I just read the articles in-line and then scroll down to see the next one.

Zak8022

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Google Reader app and hated it:
* When I launch the thing, I have to select a folder instead of it taking me right to my preferred "All Feeds" list.
* The font is HUGE. Even when I had my Hero I couldn't stand how big the fonts were.
* Navigation is cumbersome at best. Open app, select "All Feeds", scroll to a story I'm interested in, select it, read it, then go BACK to the list, scroll to the next one, and select it, lather, rinse, repeat.

I am *still* using just the Google Reader web site. It defaults to "All Feeds" and I just read the articles in-line and then scroll down to see the next one.

There are/should be arrows at the bottom of the screen to go to the next article, even in the 'all feeds' section.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
There are/should be arrows at the bottom of the screen to go to the next article, even in the 'all feeds' section.

There are - but am I the only one who doesn't read every single article that is in my feeds? I don't WANT to go to the next post. I want to know what the article is before I'm reading it. Sometimes I'm in the mood for FailBlog - so I read them also. Sometimes I don't feel like clicking through every.single.post that my friend puts on their blog. ...And there are a lot of feeds of mine that have a lot that I want to read - and a lot that I don't want to read.

It's really just a matter of preference - but it drives me nuts how dissimilar the web and app versions are in this regard.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
NewsRob. None are perfect, but this one works best for me. Have it auto update twice each day

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk