Will preorders ship overnight or 2-day?

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Preordered a black S7 and the status says it will ship on 3/11, which is a Friday. I'm having it shipped to my work because a signature is required upon receipt and I will not be home when FedEx or UPS delivers. Just got to thinking and wonder if I should call and try to change the shipping address if it might come on 3/12 (Saturday). Everything I've found says that VZW usually ships preorders with 2-day free shipping. If so, I'll just leave it alone. Hopefully they'll ship early like T-Mobile. But like (I assume) most, I don't have a lot faith in big red.

Anyone know if they'll ship overnight, or will it be 2-day?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess it depends on the company. I pre-ordered with T-Mobile and they have it marked for overnight shipping.

Posted via the Android Central App

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The most probably will be marked to die but with the amount of packages that have ups will move them overnight. They don't want to keep that amount of inventory in their warehouses any longer than they have to.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Verizon uses FedEx. On a other thread a person ordered with enterprise (business line) and just got tracking numbers!

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Preordered a black S7 and the status says it will ship on 3/11, which is a Friday. I'm having it shipped to my work because a signature is required upon receipt and I will not be home when FedEx or UPS delivers. Just got to thinking and wonder if I should call and try to change the shipping address if it might come on 3/12 (Saturday). Everything I've found says that VZW usually ships preorders with 2-day free shipping. If so, I'll just leave it alone. Hopefully they'll ship early like T-Mobile. But like (I assume) most, I don't have a lot faith in big red.

Anyone know if they'll ship overnight, or will it be 2-day?

Just looked on Verizon's site:

†Free 2-Day Shipping when you order online Monday–Friday by 4:00 pm. Available for purchases placed on*vzw.comfor delivery within the U.S. only, excluding Alaska and Hawaii.

Also, for UPS, "next day " means next business day, not Saturday. Saturday delivery is a premium service, (drivers are on overtime), so I doubt that Verizon will foot the bill for that. But... Crazier things have happened.

Edit: Now looking at VZW order page (about the place my order also) it says "DELIVER BY 3/11". I swear it used to say Shipping on 3/11. So maybe they've stepped up their game, and you'll (we'll) get them on or before Friday.

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Just looked on Verizon's site:

†Free 2-Day Shipping when you order online Monday–Friday by 4:00 pm. Available for purchases placed on*vzw.comfor delivery within the U.S. only, excluding Alaska and Hawaii.

Also, for UPS, "next day " means next business day, not Saturday. Saturday delivery is a premium service, (drivers are on overtime), so I doubt that Verizon will foot the bill for that. But... Crazier things have happened.

Edit: Now looking at VZW order page (about the place my order also) it says "DELIVER BY 3/11". I swear it used to say Shipping on 3/11. So maybe they've stepped up their game, and you'll (we'll) get them on or before Friday.

Mine still says Ship by: 3/11/2016. I ordered mine over the phone, but don't know if it makes a difference.

Good luck, hope you get it soon!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers