Rumor: V20 to be released on October 21st in US

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Google announcing their phones on October 4th.

If they follow the LG timeline, we'll know when we can buy them on January 14th and actually own one some time in late March. ;)

Non-Exploding Note7s should be showing up this week.

No V20 by 10/4 and they really blew it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Some of us don't want Amoled

My (sons now) MXPE is not amoled and looks great. The V10 as example has weak contrast and inaccurate colors. How can Lenovo farm out display production compared to LG producing their own and have very accurate color displays and better contrast?

Just like LGs poor info product launches that are six weeks or more from the device release date, it makes no sense. Why not at least have a display as good as the MXPE?

charley000

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the V20 will have an unlocked version available (international version?)? I am tired of being carrier locked.
Also, does anyone have experience with updates from LG? Are they prompt? Can you get them directly from LG?
This may affect whether I buy a V20 or not.

Thanks.

charley000

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Over the years I have seen both LED displays and LCD displays vary a lot by manufacturer. Some do a better job at accurate color, brightness, angle you can look at it, how it looks in sunlight, etc. So what I really want to do is see the the phones side by side (Samsung Note 7 and LG V20) so I can actually see how they did on the particular implementation choices. Then I can decide which one I want to get.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Over the years I have seen both LED displays and LCD displays vary a lot by manufacturer. Some do a better job at accurate color, brightness, angle you can look at it, how it looks in sunlight, etc. So what I really want to do is see the the phones side by side (Samsung Note 7 and LG V20) so I can actually see how they did on the particular implementation choices. Then I can decide which one I want to get.

It depends on what you like. I don't care for the exaggerated Samsung colors. Doesn't make me right.... Just a preference.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
It's the opinion of people that don't like poorly calibrated displays and light bleeding.

I think it's pretty obvious you don't like LG and you don't like their displays and that's fine but for some of us here there are other features LG offers that are more appealing than just the type of display tech they use.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I think it's pretty obvious you don't like LG and you don't like their displays and that's fine but for some of us here there are other features LG offers that are more appealing than just the type of display tech they use.
The only thing I can think of that LG offers over Samsung is the DAC and a lower price point.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I can think of that LG offers over Samsung is the DAC and a lower price point.

Removable battery, IR, a 2nd screen that is way more useful than the edge screen and it also will be running Nougat probably 6-10 months before any Samsung device gets an update for it.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Removable battery, IR, a 2nd screen that is way more useful than the edge screen and it also will be running Nougat probably 6-10 months before any Samsung device gets an update for it.

The second screen on the V phones is a gimmick that isn't any more useful than an always on display or a good lockscreen. The removable battery is good, but good battery life to begin with is more important. Like most people, I don't care about IR. I also don't care about Nougat because it doesn't bring anything new to the table for me as a Note 5 owner.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
The second screen on the V phones is a gimmick that isn't any more useful than an always on display or a good lockscreen. The removable battery is good, but good battery life to begin with is more important. Like most people, I don't care about IR. I also don't care about Nougat because it doesn't bring anything new to the table for me as a Note 5 owner.

It's hardly a gimmick. I can use the flashlight, control the music I'm listening to, access the camera, among other things all while the main display is off. I can't do that with the AoD on Samsung phones.

I forgot one more thing - double tap to wake is another awesome feature I love about LG phones.