LG G4 This Phone is Garbage

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
LG's customer service is horrible. My wife and I have LG washer & dryers. We received them as a wedding present from my parents. Upon installation, it was discovered that the washer leaked. I got to a point where I couldn't deal with it and my wife had to raise hell with multiple reps to get them to replace it. Actually, I think it ended up being some sort of calibration between LG and Best Buy to replace the washer. The washer we never used. The washer that was broken when we received it. Like pulling teeth. But we got a new one and it's great. I've got the G4 and its great. But their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I'm about done with LG. Contacted customer service. They are telling me that their warranty only covers repair, not replacement and my only options right now are to send it in for repairs and be without a phone for 2 weeks or try to fix it on my own......not happy.

Your done with every other phone manufacturer that I know of since hey all work pretty much the same way. The solution is to buy a popular/lower cost phone via Swappa, such as Moto G, use it for a few weeks then sell it back for around the same price you paid once you get the G4 back. Good luck!

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Your done with every other phone manufacturer that I know of since hey all work pretty much the same way. The solution is to buy a popular/lower cost phone via Swappa, such as Moto G, use it for a few weeks then sell it back for around the same price you paid once you get the G4 back. Good luck!
Google was awesome about sending out a new Nexus 5 MULTIPLE TIMES when I was having issues. Each time they sent the new phone, I just sent the old one within 1-2 weeks after a new one was received.

Very impressive. Especially when you add in the fact that they had their one time free replacement program for ANY REASON (including throwing it against a wall, going swimming with it, general stupidity, etc.) earlier this year. Both these things made a big impression on me. I wanted to wait for the 2015 Nexus 5 but was swayed to the G4 by the Micro SD card, removable battery, July T-Mobile sale, and LG giveaway promotions.

inm101

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
My LG G4 has been on point other then a slight screen lag that was fixed with the Screen Booster application. This would not have been necessary if I would have upgraded the software but wanted to stay on version 10B on Verizon.

That is simply not true. 11a has touch screen insensitivity problems and lag problems even with SGS Screen Booster.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Return the phone and demand a replacement. If your local store is refusing to help, find another store. If another store isn't an option ask for the manager at your local store. If they won't help, call Sprint. Of the person can't help you, ask for a manager and then keep asking for their manager until you can't go any higher. I was forced into doing that once several years ago and ended up getting all 4 phones replaced and a free month of service for my trouble.

I had Sprint about 7 years ago. They are the worst when it comes to customer service, even worse than Verizon. I have Verizon now, they are excellent compared to Sprint. When I was with Sprint, I had issues with with them for the 4 years I was with them. I can't stand Sprint and their ways. Good riddance.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Google was awesome about sending out a new Nexus 5 MULTIPLE TIMES when I was having issues. Each time they sent the new phone, I just sent the old one within 1-2 weeks after a new one was received.

Very impressive. Especially when you add in the fact that they had their one time free replacement program for ANY REASON (including throwing it against a wall, going swimming with it, general stupidity, etc.) earlier this year. Both these things made a big impression on me. I wanted to wait for the 2015 Nexus 5 but was swayed to the G4 by the Micro SD card, removable battery, July T-Mobile sale, and LG giveaway promotions.

Google isn't your typical company and not as "phone manufacturer" like I posted. Good to know that they stand by devices they sell.

inm101

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a happy development to share and that is that removing the screen protector resolved nearly all of my touch frustrations. I'm going to try the yootech screen protector next since its supposed to be ultra thin and have minimal impact on touch sensitivity.

I also want to add that I am using SGS screen Booster.

Cheers!

Last edited:

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a happy development to share and that is that removing the screen protector resolved nearly all of my touch frustrations. I'm going to try the yootech screen protector next since its supposed to be ultra thin and have minimal impact on touch sensitivity.

I also want to add that I am using SGS screen Booster.

Cheers!
It's all placebo IMO. I have no screen protector and have tried all the little tricks people have mentioned to fix the touch issue and I still have problems all through the day every single ******* day. Pretty damn ridiculous for a modern flagship device. Would be bummed I didn't just stick with my Nexus 5 if I hadn't gone swimming with it in my pocket.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had Verizon for 16 years. I know they have plenty of issues, we all know what they are, but customer service has been exceptional IMO ... a company that large, yeah you're gonna have a few experiences that are less than satisfactory, but overall I have to say most times I needed help I received it promptly and professionally.

I also think having a local carrier makes a huge difference. anytime a new phone drops I'm in the one near me for an hour messing around with it, and I overhear the employees interact with the customers. definitely a notch above the average store. one time I was so impressed with one of the girls I offered her a job on the spot (she declined ... but only cause she was moving to Colorado in 2 weeks!).

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had Verizon for 16 years. I know they have plenty of issues, we all know what they are, but customer service has been exceptional IMO ... a company that large, yeah you're gonna have a few experiences that are less than satisfactory, but overall I have to say most times I needed help I received it promptly and professionally.

I also think having a local carrier makes a huge difference. anytime a new phone drops I'm in the one near me for an hour messing around with it, and I overhear the employees interact with the customers. definitely a notch above the average store. one time I was so impressed with one of the girls I offered her a job on the spot (she declined ... but only cause she was moving to Colorado in 2 weeks!).

I don't know where you are but where I come from their customer service is bad. Not as bad as let's say SPRINT but I have had issues with Verizon many times. I was told that on more than one occasion that my upgrade had been moved up to now. I go to the store ( bestbuy, Verizon) and they didn't. They have said they will call the next day and have a manager help but never get a call back. Also,i have been accused of lying. But I have more better than worst times so I compromise.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't know where you are but where I come from their customer service is bad. Not as bad as let's say SPRINT but I have had issues with Verizon many times. I was told that on more than one occasion that my upgrade had been moved up to now. I go to the store ( bestbuy, Verizon) and they didn't. They have said they will call the next day and have a manager help but never get a call back. Also,i have been accused of lying. But I have more better than worst times so I compromise.

that sucks bro ... yeah I haven't had many run ins with them, so maybe I don't have a large enough sample size for a fair assessment. I returned a couple of defective car chargers at my local carrier store with no problem, a few billing issues and called a couple years ago about my unlimited plan. also recently put my parents on their new plan and called for a discount since my mom's iPhone is paid off (funny side note: before switching the rep said "but then you won't be able to have a two year contract," as if that's a good thing!!).

I've never had a defective device or anything, so maybe if I had a more serious issue my opinion would be different, but almost every time I walk out of one of the two stores near me, I wonder why they get so much criticism cause their customer service is over the top good.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
that sucks bro ... yeah I haven't had many run ins with them, so maybe I don't have a large enough sample size for a fair assessment. I returned a couple of defective car chargers at my local carrier store with no problem, a few billing issues and called a couple years ago about my unlimited plan. also recently put my parents on their new plan and called for a discount since my mom's iPhone is paid off (funny side note: before switching the rep said "but then you won't be able to have a two year contract," as if that's a good thing!!).

I've never had a defective device or anything, so maybe if I had a more serious issue my opinion would be different, but almost every time I walk out of one of the two stores near me, I wonder why they get so much criticism cause their customer service is over the top good.

No thing against you lol but I hear yah.

mcirishman

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
If anyone is still having problems with the freezing/crashing check my post on the LG Warranty prob thread. Out of shear just-not-giving-a-shat-anymore, after the G4 was giving me fits, I just turned off all of the LG smart notifications including the slider home page and I have not had one freeze/crash since last night after I did it!!! Hope this is the answer. So far so good. No lagging either and I just dumped a boatload of 3rd party apps on it today. Working like a clock.

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
If your luck continues, you might want to check out the debloater tool on the XDA developers site. It allows you to block unwanted apps. I've taken out 30, and the phone runs great (no rooting needed; just a stock phone and the ability to follow directions)

mcirishman

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Will do my friend. Will look at it this weekend. Almost 24 hrs without a problem. I feel like I need to be less happy. Don't want to jinx myself.

Orkami

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
LG G4 Life's Garbage!
I've had many phones from different brands till now but I have never been troubled since I purchased a G4 LG. I bought it less than a year ago and it has not worked for a month without problem! I lost my files more that 4 times and the phone has been at LG service center couple of times and still has different issues. I was fooled by the clever design of the phone and it's spec (on paper). If you own one be careful and remember to backup your important files very frequently. If you do not have it, don't go for it!

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
LG G4 Life's Garbage!
I've had many phones from different brands till now but I have never been troubled since I purchased a G4 LG. I bought it less than a year ago and it has not worked for a month without problem! I lost my files more that 4 times and the phone has been at LG service center couple of times and still has different issues. I was fooled by the clever design of the phone and it's spec (on paper). If you own one be careful and remember to backup your important files very frequently. If you do not have it, don't go for it!
Agreed! That was the most frustrating phone I have EVER owned. I went through 4 of them due to different problems from touch issues to that damn bootloop. Had to hard reset every month due to crazy lag.
I'm happily using a V20 now. They're like night and day. Glad I gave LG another chance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyv