Getting a Droid soon!

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

I'm with AT&T and using a iPhone 3GS. I'm at the point, it's pretty boring now.

All my friends are on VZW and using a Droid. So, I'm counting down till August! :)

Last edited:

DROIDFREAK

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I came from a storm 2 and love my droid. It took a while to get some exchange issues ironed out, but now that they are, it is hands down the sweetest phone I have ever owned. (that being said, I have never owned an iphone with service)

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Definitely some good android devices coming down & if it'll save you money (being that all your buddies are on Verizon), it's definitely a win-win.

Unfortunately, I may be returning my Nexus One. I would get the Android and test it out before making the switch, or may be switch with one of your buddies for a week or two if this is possible.

Go World Champs :)

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Definitely some good android devices coming down & if it'll save you money (being that all your buddies are on Verizon), it's definitely a win-win.

Unfortunately, I may be returning my Nexus One. I would get the Android and test it out before making the switch, or may be switch with one of your buddies for a week or two if this is possible.

Go World Champs :)

Yea, I was looking at Nexus One for AT&T, but the only problem I have is, you can't really see the phone. (Websites doesn't count) I want to feel the phone in my hand.

Also, if there is a issue. You can't just go to your local provider and get help. You would have to call Google and/or send it back. Not cool!! :eek:

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Yea, I was looking at Nexus One for AT&T, but the only problem I have is, you can't really see the phone. (Websites doesn't count) I want to feel the phone in my hand.

Also, if there is a issue. You can't just go to your local provider and get help. You would have to call Google and/or send it back. Not cool!! :eek:

Have you looked into the the other Android devices that Verizon will be getting?

SergeantDroid

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
There will be a couple of android phones out by August. You can't go wrong with any of them. By the way, the funnest baseball games I went to was to see the Twins and Brewers game in Minnesota. Twins won.

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hello!

I'm with AT&T and using a iPhone 3GS. I'm at the point, it's pretty boring now.

All my friends are on VZW and using a Droid. So, I'm counting down till August! :)

If you are getting it in August, why not wait until November? Droid 2 should be out by then. It would really suck if you bought Droid in August then Droid 2 came out 2 months later.

MckeanOne

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Or you could go to sprint with the evo 4g...also the incredible or whatever it will be called will be out operating on 2.1 while droid users (like myself) will have to wait until Droid 2 comes out to get our new OS

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
If you are getting it in August, why not wait until November? Droid 2 should be out by then. It would really suck if you bought Droid in August then Droid 2 came out 2 months later.

I didn't know Droid 2 was coming out in November? Good point!

Can I wait that long thou? (LOL)

G

GenericMessage

YEAH! Wouldn't it suck having a new android phone come out with a better OS and more power than the droid in two months from purchase?

Wait..........that did happen......to every droid owner lol DARNIT

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm actjually really excited to see what the Droid2 will be packing. Will it be the ultimate Android device at the time or will Google make sure the Nexus One is still king? (I find the latter unlikely)

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The Droid 2 is coming out in November?

I would be careful to fall into the loop of putting off and waiting for the next best thing to come out. There will always be something better around the corner.
What you should do is when the time comes, look at what is available, and pick what works best for you. I'm perfectly sure that it will work just fine to suit your needs. You'll just have to avoid getting that buyers remorse that always comes with technology these days.

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
The Droid 2 is coming out in November?

I would be careful to fall into the loop of putting off and waiting for the next best thing to come out. There will always be something better around the corner.
What you should do is when the time comes, look at what is available, and pick what works best for you. I'm perfectly sure that it will work just fine to suit your needs. You'll just have to avoid getting that buyers remorse that always comes with technology these days.

+1

10char

lakkers91

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I got mine Friday. I love android but not the form factor of the Droid. I never use the physical keyboard and I wish it had a call/end button. I can't wait for the nexus one. But as for now its still the best phone vzw has by far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky