Just purchased S22 Ultra

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
After resisting for the last month, I just went ahead and picked up the burgundy 256GB S22 Ultra from my local Best Buy store. They had one unlocked version available in all of MSP so I jumped on it. I traded in my iPhone 13 Pro Max for it and got a pretty decent trade in. Thankfully Amazon had Whitestone Dome Glass screen protectors available for same-day delivery so those will be coming in at any moment. I picked up the UAG Civilian from Best Buy.

All in all, I'm really glad to be back on a new Samsung phone that has a built-in S Pen. These cameras are phenomenal!

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have been out of the loop on Samsung. They added the S-Pen from their Note line into the S line? Interesting!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I have been out of the loop on Samsung. They added the S-Pen from their Note line into the S line? Interesting!

The last Note was the Note 20 in 2020, Samsung ended the Note line up officially and put the S Pen inside the S Ultra line.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
After resisting for the last month, I just went ahead and picked up the burgundy 256GB S22 Ultra from my local Best Buy store. They had one unlocked version available in all of MSP so I jumped on it. I traded in my iPhone 13 Pro Max for it and got a pretty decent trade in. Thankfully Amazon had Whitestone Dome Glass screen protectors available for same-day delivery so those will be coming in at any moment. I picked up the UAG Civilian from Best Buy.

All in all, I'm really glad to be back on a new Samsung phone that has a built-in S Pen. These cameras are phenomenal!
Still have the Fold³?
Congrats

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Anyone know if a camera lens protector is necessary for this phone? I purchased some on Amazon that were "case friendly" and they aren't friendly with my UAG civilian case. =/

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if a camera lens protector is necessary for this phone? I purchased some on Amazon that were "case friendly" and they aren't friendly with my UAG civilian case. =/
I'm not using any. I use a case that prevents the camera lenses from touching whatever I place the phone on.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I bought the little individual lens protectors & they are still in the box. My case rises far enough above actual lenses that I decided protectors were not necessary.
:)

lkgmadmax

Apr 2, 2022
Visit site

I bought one last month adswell and quickly returned it after finding that android auto no longer worked in my car. It seems Samsung screwed the pooch in not testing with one of the most popular apps in the country befor shipping their new phone. Hopefully they've (Samsung/Google) fixed the problem by now. I'm just glad I still had my Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra to go back to.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Learned a long time ago with SLRs/DSLRs never place a piece of uncoated, cheap glass between the lens and the subject. From flare to just poor quality it can all happen and affect the photo. Now, there is a difference between photos taken on a phone for sending to friends and sometimes enlarged and hung on a wall vs, those that are taken to be sold or hung on a wall for sure. But I honestly will never use a lens protector on my phone even if my photos will be primarily of dogs, scenery, wild life (four legged type, not the type that wonders the streets), and if I ever get serious again, the Nikons will come out of the closet.

However, that is my opinion and only my opinion and that with five bucks will get you a gallon of diesel fuel yesterday.

I do use this case and it not only helps to protect the lenses, it also prevents the dreaded lint that accumulates around the separate lenses.

J1OpNf1.jpg
5y2PqFB.jpg

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Learned a long time ago with SLRs/DSLRs never place a piece of uncoated, cheap glass between the lens and the subject. From flare to just poor quality it can all happen and affect the photo. Now, there is a difference between photos taken on a phone for sending to friends and sometimes enlarged and hung on a wall vs, those that are taken to be sold or hung on a wall for sure. But I honestly will never use a lens protector on my phone even if my photos will be primarily of dogs, scenery, wild life (four legged type, not the type that wonders the streets), and if I ever get serious again, the Nikons will come out of the closet.

However, that is my opinion and only my opinion and that with five bucks will get you a gallon of diesel fuel yesterday.

I do use this case and it not only helps to protect the lenses, it also prevents the dreaded lint that accumulates around the separate lenses.

J1OpNf1.jpg
5y2PqFB.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of protecting the lenses from being scratched by dirt/dust more than having them touch surfaces.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I put on my Whitestone Dome Glass and had a perfect installation on the second try as the first try did not have enough liquid dispersion, and then I put my S22 Ultra in a Unicorn Beetle Supcase that delivered this morning and the damn thing lifted one of the corners of the screen protector. I was able to save it by pushing down on it and curing it under UV light, but now I have some tiny areas where you can see the cured liquid dispersion was lifted. It's not enough for me to have to order yet another set of screen protectors, but it's so irritating. Pro tip: Supcase is NOT screen protector friendly.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

J1OpNf1.jpg
5y2PqFB.jpg
Yep! Even a UV filter on an SLR lens will cause fog in temperature and humidity changes, and UV filters are designed for camera lenses.