ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, tried that(and reinstalling the recovery tool) and it still wouldnt let me do a nan backup.
Apparently all the times I tried to make a backup it wrote a restore tag for it and its in the restore area....
Don't know if that has to do with anything though.
UGH

Well, you can try the other custom recovery, here is zefie's xionia-clockwork-cwma. Maybe you will have better luck with it.

Also flash ThundeROM_V1.6.2.zip since it's for V9.

Then maybe you can update to VD and then to TR 1.8.2

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
VD and VC
#corrections

Deleting 1 apk (Mvdpm.apk) would make any of the builds of any of the Sprint based ROMs run on any baseband. In deleting that though people lose the ability to update profile and PRL.

i know and i *****ed at someone else for it this morning, lol i need sleep.

Tree Dude

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Finally took the the leap from 1.6 to 1.8.2. My phone had been really slow lately anyway and I figured a fresh start was in order. Here is what I did:

- Booted into recovery and did a full wipe of phone and SD card (after a backup of coarse)
- Updated to VD via LG updater tool and rebooted
- Phone came up looking like Sprint stock ROM
- Booted into recovery and flashed 1.8.2

That was it. Pretty darn easy and not as bad as I thought it would be. I am in the process of getting everything back to the way I like it. No problems so far and everything feels snappy again.

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I would prefer just a plain easy to read battery percent status. I can't read the one with the battery color meter.

Check out Nick's themes from the Lego Rom thread. I use Two Point Two with TR 1.8.2 and the circle battery meter Is pretty easy to read, I think.

Sent by Tapatalk ----- Optimus s

ws1088

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Finally took the the leap from 1.6 to 1.8.2. My phone had been really slow lately anyway and I figured a fresh start was in order. Here is what I did:

- Booted into recovery and did a full wipe of phone and SD card (after a backup of coarse)
- Updated to VD via LG updater tool and rebooted
- Phone came up looking like Sprint stock ROM
- Booted into recovery and flashed 1.8.2

That was it. Pretty darn easy and not as bad as I thought it would be. I am in the process of getting everything back to the way I like it. No problems so far and everything feels snappy again.

same thing for me. just upgrade from 1.6.x to 1.8.2. my 1.6.x was getting slow, too.

question: what should I do if it get slow on 1.8.2 after awhile? what's the cause of this slowness? SD card fragmentation? swapping?

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
same thing for me. just upgrade from 1.6.x to 1.8.2. my 1.6.x was getting slow, too.

question: what should I do if it get slow on 1.8.2 after awhile? what's the cause of this slowness? SD card fragmentation? swapping?

A cache cleaner like "CacheMate For Root Users" from the market is a good thing to try. Also a simple shutdown and battery pull once in awhile works wonders.

kpfeiffer

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Having a hard time finding a flash-able zip to eliminate the notification bar clock. Anyone got one for me?

Nick made me one. TR Theme...no clock and white circle battery mod and black menus...it's in the Port a theme thread...

Here is the link directly to the post containing the zip. Just put it on your SD, boot into recovery and flash it. Wouldn't hurt to do a cache and dalvik wipe before flashing...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-port-download-themes-here-38.html#post642323

Hope this is what you are looking for :)

Kelly

Last edited:

notmebug

Banned
Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I'm probably going to get told off for this, but I need to ask.
I bought the LG Optimus GT540 yesterday from Vodafone Australia, is this ROM going to work for me?
:)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.