Gingerbread NOW available

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I want GB on my X but i have no clue what or how? I can follow directions if someone could tell me how to get it.? Feel free to email me instructions at moongrlxx @aol.com. thanks im so excited to get it!!!!!

YouTube - Install Gingerbread 2.3.3 Leak WITH ROOT on Droid X DroidX ! How to Flash Tutorial

This video helped me, but I was already rooted running Rubix.

In order to better help you (and I mean the experts not me) they need to know what you are currently running on your X.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You are in the minority on this. Love GB, very fast and responsive, a few little bugs, but to be expected with a leaked version.

Ill go just a little more w/ this and say it's been flawless after syncing w/ google.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I want GB on my X but i have no clue what or how? I can follow directions if someone could tell me how to get it.? Feel free to email me instructions at moongrlxx @aol.com. thanks im so excited to get it!!!!!

maybe you could try reading. There are multiple threads/posts with instructions (or links to instructions) on exactly how to do any and everything having to do with rooting and/or this gingerbread leak. They aren't hard to find either.

ps- i know i sounded like a jerk, but i mean....come on people, just read a little. This stuff isn't hard to find...at all. :D

Reactions: jerseyboy357

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I just tried Quick Clock on this and it's working! Fyi. :)

Gingerbread is NOW THemed!!!

You have to be Deodexed for the theme, link provided in OP. I had no problems using DX bootstrap (minus a bootloop but a simple battery pull and Voila!) so go ahead and give that a shot first.

Alpha-1 Theme for Gingerbread
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...e-alpha-1-stock-gingerbread-dx.html#post64214

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have not done anything to my dx it's untouched.

Rare to hear that these days, especially with us all goin nuts with the GB stuff,lol. Whatever floats your boat will make a happy phone user.

Thats awesome now that theres a working theme. As soon as I figure out why I cant get CWM or Bootstrap to get into recovery so I can back my stuff up, I will definately install that theme. Its sitting on my pc waiting to go onto my phone :-!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have not done anything to my dx it's untouched.

Deodexed and themed w/ Ginger.. :):):)

CAP201103311821.jpg

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Rare to hear that these days, especially with us all goin nuts with the GB stuff,lol. Whatever floats your boat will make a happy phone user.

Thats awesome now that theres a working theme. As soon as I figure out why I cant get CWM or Bootstrap to get into recovery so I can back my stuff up, I will definately install that theme. Its sitting on my pc waiting to go onto my phone :-!

I'm sure you probably know already but just in case...have to use Droid 2 Bootstrapper. There's a free link posted over at the mydroidworld forums :)

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you probably know already but just in case...have to use Droid 2 Bootstrapper. There's a free link posted over at the mydroidworld forums :)

I had success using the DX Bootstrap, do a backup though no matter which one u use. ;)

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to use Droid 2 Bootstrapper. If you want to use Droid X Bootstrapper, you can, so long as you turn off USB Debugging.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
By the way I got cwm recovery to work. I disable USB debugging and bootstrap works fine now. Gona try ROM manager next just to see if it will go into recovery now that debugging is disabled.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
hmmm thinking about trying now since its Deodexed. Might be forever for the official GB to get released .
Once there is an custom rom for GB out no doubt I will. Getting closer to pulling the trigger anyhoo :D

spongebobfn

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
ok now i need help i followed all directions and rooted but i cant seem to get the gb to install frm sd card. every time i download it to card then go to install it says "no files found" HELP PLZ

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It must be on the root of your SD card, meaning not in a folder of any kind. Open up your SD card and drop it onto there by itself. Then in recovery you should see it as (whatever its named).zip chose that to install.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
east and west are reversed in google maps, sky map, and earth. Gps locks very quickly but no longer displays the margin of error. Browser is laggy upon reopening because the pages have to reload. Overall the system is way faster than stock, but liberty with an overclock is completely lag free. I'll give gb another try once it's rooted, but for now, back to liberty.

I'm noticing this issue as well. East and West are reversed but not north and south. The compass works just fine, though.

Has anybody else seen this bug? Is there a fix yet?

Also, I have not had the opportunity to test Google Nav yet. Will give it a go on the way home today and see if the problem replicates there too. This could be a deal breaker for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiSwipe