Moto's Bionic LIVES!

jrcarson

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
The WSJ report jives with what Verizon told me a few days ago - the phone is still coming, we just don't have a release date yet. At least now we know it's in the Summer. That's better than 'never'.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Considering that the Bionic was a CES feature/showcase phone you think for a second that Moto would fully kill it and have Sanjay sitting there with egg on his face?

If they were to flat out state the Bionic as we saw at the CES was killed, it would hit Moto's stocks and their prestige. This is a face-saving maneuver plain and simple. The bottom line is the analysts don't usually get into the nitty-gritty details about what's actually inside the phone - they're about the bottom line: does the darned thing work, is it good, does it sell?

We just need to see what "upgrades" they're making. As I said there are some tell-tale clues to look for.

I don't mind the hump, I like both the Targa and Tegra/Bionic designs - just so long as the phone doesn't look like a phallus or something I'm all about the results.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Here it is straight from Moto's Mouth... Read and Enjoy for all those who love the design. :)

So with the latest news that the Bionic is being delayed for "upgrades" everyone is excited we could see more ram, a better front facing camera, but the biggest overall concern is that Motorola may change the design of the Bionic to not look like what we have grown to love.

Everyone is scared that it will come out looking like the rumored Targa or Droid X 2.

So the simplest question I can ask is will the Bionic look as it does today??? Thats what everyone is dying to know.

You have Many loyal Motorloa fans out their more than willing to wait for this incredibly sexy phone with awesome hardware, myself included.

Great design, very sleek, very appealing. Please let us know if it will stay the same.

Thank you,
Motorola Fan

Response:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen by replying to this email within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Droid Bionic to change Deisgn or Stay the Same

Discussion Thread
Dear Jasper,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

Regarding your concern, the design of the Motorola Droid Bionic will still be the same. We don't have any specific launch date on this particular phone. We highly recommend you to check our web site from time to time for further updates.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Niel

Last edited:

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Regarding your concern, the design of the Motorola Droid Bionic will still be the same. We don't have any specific launch date on this particular phone. We highly recommend you to check our web site from time to time for further updates.

Again "Design" can be applied to several facets. The physical exterior design or the interior design. I think in this case (yes, splitting hairs here) would apply to the exterior design since Moto has said, officially, that the specs are changing for the um, "upgrades".

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Here it is straight from Moto's Mouth... Read and Enjoy for all those who love the design. :)

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen by replying to this email within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Droid Bionic to change Deisgn or Stay the Same

Discussion Thread
Dear Jasper,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I?ve reviewed your e-mail and I?m ready to help.

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola Home - Motorola USA

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Niel

haha thanks for following up. Its still not 100% confirmation but still better than anything.

Bionic Skin, with even better sopecs will be beastly.

drdave319

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
after my conversation with Moto, it appears that the hardware "difficulties" they encountered forced them to change things up a bit (bought time!) to upgrade the hardware.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I know everyones biggest concern wasnt the Appearance but i already asked about the spec update and didnt get any information. So i tried again to see about the appearance and the above is what i got.

So again, to those of you who really liked the outward appearance, read my above post and enjoy.

I for one, am happy... for now... :)

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The WSJ report jives with what Verizon told me a few days ago - the phone is still coming, we just don't have a release date yet. At least now we know it's in the Summer. That's better than 'never'.

Verizon will launch it two days after Tiered LTE plans are launched.

Underwater Mike

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
First the G-S II and now this. I'm still working on an iPhone 3G, pinned to the Nation's Worst Network™. I need a phone with data fast enough that tethering is functional, and one that can actually place, receive and maintain calls. I've been trying to give VZW my business since last JUL, but it's delay after delay.

When does it stop?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I guess if you?re a person that wants to argue semantics, then yes the Bionic is still alive. If you?re a person like me (contract up a couple months back, $50 credit in hand and looking to update their phone right now) then the Bionic as we knew it is dead.

I?m not really interested in what they call it, or even who makes it, I want a qHD, 4.3?, tegra 2 phone w/ Verizon LTE right now?

-Suntan

Reactions: thechemist

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The two biggest questions now are: 1) Will the new "Bionic" be released before LTE Tiered Data goes into effect? and 2) Will the "Bionic" get lost in the shuffle of all the Android and other smartphone releases coming up,both on Verizon and other carriers? :-\

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Take it for what it is, but Kellex from Droid-Life, is indeed saying the Bionic form factor will not be the one we know and love.

FML

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
apologies but I'm not understanding what you mean by this statement.

Sent from my Droid

he means you're passing opinions as fact. Even if something you believe is like 80% likely to happen, you cant state it as a sure thing.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
A little confused on the tiered LTE plans and what you need to keep unlimited data as it is now. Do you have to have an LTE phone with unlimited data before the tiered plan is introduced or can you have any regular phone with unlimited data? I guess to make it clearer, I have a Storm right now with unlimited data and I thought whenever I upgraded I would still be able to get unlimited data but just have to pay $10 more for the move to use LTE. The way some are speaking though it sounds like that isn't the case and if I want unlimited data on LTE then I need to have an LTE phone before they go to the tiered plans.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Take it for what it is, but Kellex from Droid-Life, is indeed saying the Bionic form factor will not be the one we know and love.

FML

Kellex is basing this off of what would be my question??

Based off the statement to the Wall Street Journal and the Response I personally received from Motorola I will stick with the facts that have been given to me until Motorola says something different, or someone else can present facts that say otherwise.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
he means you're passing opinions as fact. Even if something you believe is like 80% likely to happen, you cant state it as a sure thing.

Gotcha. I guess I should clarify what I was saying then. The only facts I stated were that the source never said the Bionic name was dead only the current hardware. I also mentioned the WSJ article is not entirely clear what exactly is going on except that the Bionic will be released and there are some changes. I don't think that comes as a suprise to any of us. There is nothing new in the article essentially

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Kellex is basing this off of what would be my question??

Based off the statement to the Wall Street Journal and the Response I personally received from Motorola I will stick with the facts that have been given to me until Motorola says something different, or someone else can present facts that say otherwise.

Hes basing it off a friend in the know. Yes there we go again with the rumors. But still you have to consider that he is the creator of that site, and its one of the biggest Droid sites, as well as him having no reason to lie.

Now this doesnt mean that he isnt misguided or the info he recieved isnt misinterpreted, or something. But it still holds some substance.