just order the honer 8 a few hrs ago

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
right now i have a moto G 3rd gen phone wish is ok for now in tell my new one comes in has my moto G 3rd gen is no longer getting android upgrade or updates so i have been thinking long and hard from the zte axon 7 to the one pluse 3 too the idol 4s and after all of my thinking i did not want too spend a oh lot of $ on a smart phone this want some in thats good with good space and timey android upgrades so i went a head and order the hone 8 today wish will be my new smart phone for the year i be useing it on AT&T so i did not want any blot ware stuff

i find any thing from 5.5 and above this a little too big for my hands my screen size from 4.7" too 5.3" is the max i will go

i order the whit and it looks like my order is getting ready too ship

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Congrats man. Its a great device. I've had mine for about 4 days now and it's a cool change from the norm. I like different so the slightly different interface was welcoming to me. I exchanged my Nexus 6p in for my Honor 8 but next month I'm planning on grabbing the Nexus again. I want at least one phone with a huge screen to watch movies on. You'll enjoy the Honor man.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious--are you able to install a 3rd party launcher like Nova? I wasn't unable to on my Honor 5X, because it warned me that it would cause instability. This would be important for users who aren't crazy about EMUI.

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
thanks i waited too see what the price is going too be like for the new google phones but $649? nop so went with the honer 8

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I'm curious--are you able to install a 3rd party launcher like Nova? I wasn't unable to on my Honor 5X, because it warned me that it would cause instability. This would be important for users who aren't crazy about EMUI.

Yes. It will warn you about potential battery drain but they work just fine.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I purchased Nova a while back but haven't used it on the Honor. For some reason I kind of like their set up. Its different but in a good way. I may switch to Nova sometime soon. I'm used to it as I've used it for a while.

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
As a moto defector myself, you'll love it. I've been using mine for a few weeks and it's a great phone. Honor recently pushed out a Google security patch, and will continue to do so frequently. Very happy with my purchase.

Emui themes can even be mixed with your custom launcher. You can do some cool things with this phone that others can't.

Being a moto user, you might like this app :)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/...etails?id=com.kimcy92.wavelock&token=bkdhgM9f

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
As a moto defector myself, you'll love it. I've been using mine for a few weeks and it's a great phone. Honor recently pushed out a Google security patch, and will continue to do so frequently. Very happy with my purchase.

Emui themes can even be mixed with your custom launcher. You can do some cool things with this phone that others can't.

Being a moto user, you might like this app :)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/...etails?id=com.kimcy92.wavelock&token=tmyxIQls
So do you think Nova Pro will work a bit differently on the Honor? Now I'm curious. I think I'm going to install it now and see what it looks like.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Congrats! I hope that you'll enjoy the Honor 8. It might be a size adjustment but it is actually on the smaller side for a 5.2" phone.

So do you think Nova Pro will work a bit differently on the Honor? Now I'm curious. I think I'm going to install it now and see what it looks like.

I have used it on and off and it worked just fine. It did take me a bit to find how to change the launcher. For the OP's reference (or anyone who wants to know), here's how to change the launcher.
Go to Settings->Apps->Advanced->Default app settings.

It took me a while to find that.

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Nova prime and any other launcher works just the same as any other phone. However, with EMUI themes, you can go even further. You can change how the settings menu looks (colors, dark themes, etc) modify built in apps, nav bar icons, status bar icons, etc. EMUI offers more customization than your typical unrooted phone.

Take a look through the screenshots thread, you will see many examples with different launchers and EMUI themes. It's pretty awesome what you can do! http://forums.androidcentral.com/honor-8/718051-share-your-screen-shots.html

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
all so i am coming from iphone 6S with IOS 10 sucks so i bumped the iphone that when i got the moto G 3rd gen too usd on AT&T in tell i had the $ too get me the honer 8

all so i cancel my verizon acoont and i have not looked back so am now this using AT&T per paid plans

pluse i dont like all the blot ware that AT&T and verizon put on there phones i like my phones clean

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have mine coming tomorrow. On a side note, I also pre ordered a Google pixel. To be honest, with the price of the Pixel, I'm hoping I like the honor 8 so much that I'll cancel the order of the Pixel.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I have mine coming tomorrow. On a side note, I also pre ordered a Google pixel. To be honest, with the price of the Pixel, I'm hoping I like the honor 8 so much that I'll cancel the order of the Pixel.

Haha @ your hope. You just might though :) What color did you order?

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I was planning on buying the pixel xl as well, but was really pulled in when the honor 8 was announced. I decided to buy it, the pixel announcement was within my return period anyway. Well, after getting used to the 8, there's no way I'm spending the extra money. Even if the price difference wasn't so big, I'd keep it. Have fun with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress