Android Market videos

bulldog-yota

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone got ideas how to get the Android Market videos to work on CM7?

On mine it comes back that the device is rooted, and it wont download a rented video. I would ideally like to download some videos to play on the plane or when traveling when streaming may not be possible.

DemonHighwayman

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If it is blocking the touchpad because it's rooted, then I can't see google changing that ever. They must be thinking you will copy and share the films. Can you not just download a few films on your computer and convert them to mp4's, then transfer them to your touchpad ? I find the battery lasts longer watching films in webos anyway, so encoding them yourself will mean they can play on both OS's

bulldog-yota

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping to avoid the whole copy, convert, etc and just use a simple way of dealing renting a video on the market place and watching it.

The HP Movie store is rather limited and pricey on video renting options. However that seems to be the best option currently, as many movies I just want to rent it to watch while traveling vs buying the movie.

Personal videos is another story though.

Hoping that maybe there may be a CM patch now or in the future to allow renting movies with Android market. At least the market recognizes the Touchpad and apps can be pushed to it, which makes it much easier to get apps on the website and push to the device.