HTC One M10 design leaked in photo

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
If they aren't then a lot of people will cease to be interested, and go wait for a Lenovorola X instead (who do seem to be committed to forward facing speakers).

I plan to reserve judgement to see how they play it off. If it stinks...then it stinks. If it works...then it works. We all won't know until the 12th

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This time Im not buying it day 1, I will wait for comments. Hopefully its great. My M7 keeps losing track of its sim card at this point so a new phone would be nice (HINT HTC, Please dont make me wait for the M11!!!! LOLOL).

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully these are already in the hands of major Android sites so a review can come out quick. I'm hoping they ship within a week of announce.

Posted via the Android Central App

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This time Im not buying it day 1, I will wait for comments. Hopefully its great. My M7 keeps losing track of its sim card at this point so a new phone would be nice (HINT HTC, Please dont make me wait for the M11!!!! LOLOL).

I shall comment as soon as I get one from day one 😁

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't see the masses lining up for Apple and Samsung phones due to forward facing speakers. Speakers aren't important to the masses, but audio quality is important.

By quite a few of the comments here; that is a misnomer. Quite a few individuals are not delighted over the new proposed speaker placement. Whether or not its an issue is only going to be realized upon phone drop and utilization reports back from the masses. To me its no issue because I have not owned a phone with forward firing speakers so I won't know what I am missing.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I definitely will miss forward facing speakers... when watching content it sounds much better in stereo as opposed to mono...of course you can just hook it up to portable speaker either by cable or Bluetooth but that's some hassle..

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
New teaser video about camera.

https://amp.twimg.com/v/9d4b9ca6-6c98-4744-8bd7-454366aea621

At 0:29 you can see on the sheet of paper it says "Ultrapixel, OIS and Hi res 4k video"

Pretty excited to see what this camera can do. If anyone has a Nexus 6P, I'm sure they'd be happy with its performance, so hearing the HTC 10 camera has OIS as well as the 1.55um sensor should be really good.

Not long to go now for the official reveal. Hopefully the release won't be long after the reveal.

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It would be a major misstep for them not to release within a couple days of the announcement simply because of all the interest they have managed to build so far. Momentum is paramount for them now.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Unless you work in marketing, I have to disagree with your assertion. Who is grasping at straws to buy an HTC 10 on 12 April, unless you are a cell phone nerd? There are no commercials on TV for the launch of this device that I have seen. A vast majority of people buy what they see on carrier shelves or use word of mouth to pick a new phone running Android. People have waited this long already, who is to say those waiting will run off and buy something different? Those are just empty assertions.

agreed

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Unless you work in marketing, I have to disagree with your assertion. Who is grasping at straws to buy an HTC 10 on 12 April, unless you are a cell phone nerd? There are no commercials on TV for the launch of this device that I have seen. A vast majority of people buy what they see on carrier shelves or use word of mouth to pick a new phone running Android. People have waited this long already, who is to say those waiting will run off and buy something different? Those are just empty assertions.

Disagree all you like, that's fine by me. My opinion - like your opinion of my opinion - is just that: an opinion. We'll find out soon enough how HTC proceeds and how successful they are at it.

Darwalk

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what it is, but so many of us really look forward to HTC's launch every year. They're a polarizing brand, and I think most people are rooting for them, especially since a lot of us have owned one of their phones and have seen a lot of promise. Unfortunately they've come up short the past couple years, but hopefully the 10 will put an end to that. I know I'm looking forward to seeing it, and barring some unforeseen catastrophic mishap, plan on grabbing one as a work phone alongside my 6p!

I am 100% with you on this. I was a die hard Apple fan until I got the M7. I loved that phone, and decided to get the M8. Loved the feel, the speakers, the skin....everything but that blasted camera. As soon as I saw the LG G4 camera, I jumped. I have had the G4 for almost a year, and even had a 6P a couple months ago, and went back to the G4. Since coming over to Android, the HTCs are the only one I have REALLY liked. I will be waiting until May or June to see what bugs/ issues come up, but this one is making me really want to go back.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I fall in the same boat. I'm rooting for HTC because they made the first android phone that I thought was 'done right' - the One M7. Beautiful metal build, great design, great software. It did everything really well and didn't cheap out on anything. Sure the camera wasn't spectacular, but 4mp for shots people share on social media is fine.

The M8 came out with a smoother design, super slick software etc and I loved that phone as well. M9 was a bit of a misstep, but from what I hear, people who owned the M9 enjoyed it.

Since the M8, I've had Xperia Z2, Z3, Galaxy S6, LG G4 and now currently on the Nexus 6P. I've liked the 6P is the best of those phones, but I'm still looking forward to the HTC 10. For whatever reason I just enjoy using their phones the most. Not sure if it's the software or the hardware or what.

The S7 and G5 aren't even on my radar. Weren't really happy with their predecessors last year. While I'm sure they're great phones in their own right, they just lack something that I found HTC phones to have. Can't put my finger on it, but I think just the speed/fluidity of the UI, pared with the great hardware just made HTC phones a seamless experience. Didn't feel like had to screw around with settings or apps or put up with bouts of lag etc.

This could very well be the best phone of the year, and unfortunately, it could very well be HTC's last flagship phone. I certainly hope not, but new financial reports coming out don't sound promising for HTC.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I suspect that the m10 will not be in the top 5 phones of the year and that it will not be their last flagship. While I'll agree that HTC has been a polarizing brand within Android, this is a polarizing device. There are some things that look very promising, but there's a lot going on that's very disappointing, and most of those things are the places they're departing from their differentiation and trying to mimic some of the leaders. They chose the wrong leaders, which is unfortunate because it'll make their product seem disjointed.

HTC still clearly has some game left in them, the Nexus 9 is still one of the best tablets available and the M7 was a strong candidate for the best device in the first half of 2013. But since that time they've either phoned it in or blundered on everything but the Nexus 9. Now that it's reasonably certain that this year is more of the same, my best hope for them is that they made a passable device that won't be plagued with m9 issues or crippled by the design mistakes (obviously IMO) and that perhaps they're showing off a return to build quality and while preparing their true flagship for 2017.

Of course I could easily be wrong about this device and really like it once I have a chance to play with it, but so far it looks like an HTC trying to be Samsung Hail Mary and that's so far from what's needed that it feels like the M9.

I think I'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the camera and that it'll fail everywhere else that matters (screen quality, battery life, build quality, design (already failed this one), software updates, price, carrier unlocked and availability, etc, etc). Here's to hoping I'm wrong about most of that list.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Guess we will all find out in 4 days. I am done speculating :) Think I can sweat out 4 days :) I have to say though, it is going to have to be a great phone to make me want to move away from the SGS7e. I have been majorly surprised at how good the SGS7e is. Getting 24+ hours battery life, screen is fantastic, camera is very nice too. The UI, which I am not a huge fan of is not as bad as it used to be and the phone is just plain and simple smooth. So come on HTC, let's see you pull a rabbit out the hat on the 12th and impress us all.

Last edited:

Darwalk

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Guess we will all find out in 4 days. I am done speculating :) Think I can sweat out 4 days :) I have to say though, it is going to have to be a great phone to make me want to move away from the SGS7e. I have been majorly surprised at how good the SGS7e is. Getting 24+ hours battery life, screen is fantastic, camera is very nice too. The UI, which I am not a huge fan of is not as bad as it used to be and the phone is just plain and simple smooth. So come on HTC, let's see you pull a rabbit out the hat on the 12th and impress us all.

I am glad to hear that the S7E is a good phone. I got my wife out of her S6 and got her the 5X. I tried numerous times to fix the S6 lag, and battery situation and it would never budge. The UI drove me nuts as well.... MIne (G4) drives me a little batty, but nothing like the S6. Now I am really hoping the 10 makes some waves.