Selfie reversed

bertbear

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
This may have already been answered but I can't seem to find it.

Is there a way to get the HTC 10 to take selfies that are not mirrored?

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried to find that as well, lots of old threads for other phones. None yet for the 10 and I can't figure it out.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
My apologies, it's from the HTC M8.
I was searching for HTC 10 to see if I could find a solution and it took me to that site. I can't find anything on the HTC 10.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Thanks! That box was selected, but still mirrored. With it unselected the mirror effect is turned off.

RobIgnatowicz

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

In the HTC camera app, switch direction (enabling the selfie cam). Scroll the top menu down and select "Settings", Scroll down to "Camera Options" and expand it to make sure "Save Mirrored Selfies" is OFF.

Now the most important thing, when you go back to the camera you will still see it mirrored. That is until you take a picture, in which it captures and saves a normal (not mirrored) image.

-Rob
Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
For anyone not able to uncheck the mirrored image option, you have to have the camera in selfie mode for it to be available. So, to outline the steps in a nutshell:

1. Open the camera app
2. Get camera in selfie mode
3 Open the options by touching the 2 lines at the top of the screen
4. Swipe to Settings (all the way on the left)
5. Scroll down to Camera Options, tap the arrow to open them
6. Scroll down to Save mirrored selfies and make sure the option is UNCHECKED.
7. Images should be saved as normal (not backwards)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87