Taking a pic in text messages

Countryggirl

Aug 18, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I have a moto g stylus 4g 2022 and when I am texting with someone and I go to take a pic while texting the pic will get mirrored. If I take a pic of me and my daughter she is on my left but when in the text message she will end up on my right. How can I change that

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this also happen when you take a regular selfie using the Camera app on its own?

Check your Camera app's setting for an option to toggle mirroring on or off. It might be called something different -- on Pixel phones, it's called "Save selfie as previewed."

Countryggirl

Aug 18, 2022
Visit site
Does this also happen when you take a regular selfie using the Camera app on its own?

Check your Camera app's setting for an option to toggle mirroring on or off. It might be called something different -- on Pixel phones, it's called "Save selfie as previewed."
Nope doesn't happen when taking pics with the camera app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid just showing the icon isn't specific enough, since I can't necessarily identify the app based on the icon. I'm guessing it's the stock Messaging app from Moto. Open the app, go to its settings, and look for an About option -- select that and show us a screenshot of that info.