HTC 10 charger cable grips too tight on the charger port

brij1234

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
First: T-mobile in the US doesn't include the hi-res earphones, right?

Second: The cable grips so tightly that, it feels like when I pull out the cable, the little chip inside the charging port is going to come out with it someday. Should I be concerned?

Last edited:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
1) Headphones not included on any US carrier (that I know of). i definitely recommend getting some nice earphones though as this phone has amazing headphone audio.
2) Cables and phone ports can sometimes start out like that. I'd expect it to loosen up as the terminals flex. Mine was very tight and then loosened up. Same with my Uh-Oh replacement. I've had the replacement for week and it's finally loosening up a little.

brij1234

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
1) Headphones not included on any US carrier (that I know of). i definitely recommend getting some nice earphones though as this phone has amazing headphone audio.
2) Cables and phone ports can sometimes start out like that. I'd expect it to loosen up as the terminals flex. Mine was very tight and then loosened up. Same with my Uh-Oh replacement. I've had the replacement for week and it's finally loosening up a little.

Why'd you get it replaced? Did your screen break?
And, do you recommend any good and cheap hi-res earphones?

Last edited:

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine was really snug also first week or so, its much better now. Can take a little tug to get it to unplug, but nothing like first few days especially.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Beyerdynamic DTX101 and 102 are great earbuds. The 101 isalittle heavier in the bass but both are fairly balanced, dynamic, and detailed. "Highrez" is a marketing gimmick when it comes to analog components so don't feel that you need to look for that name. What's more important is that the audio you're listening to isn't low quality.

My 10 broke when I thought I slipped it in my pocket but it went straight to the tile floor. My first replacement had a bad speaker but the 2nd replacement has been perfect.

brij1234

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
I'll check those out. Right now I'm just using the headphones that came with my s6. And I make sure when I download music, that it's at least 320 kbps. I also use extreme quality on Spotify.