HELP! Phone frozen and unresponsive. Twice in two weeks.

charrolastra

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
And I haven't a clue! I'm on Sprint, non rooted, and I have to say my woes began with the software update to 1.80.651.10. First it was bluetooth pairing/dropping issues. Now, the screen froze one day, the phone was unresponsive (including the power button) for a good 20 minutes. When I plugged in the charger, even the light wouldn't turn on, so I feared the worst. It "came to" on it's own accord. Just this morning, it did the same except it froze and became unresponsive while charging, so the screen was black. This time, the charging light stayed on but again, no response until it came to again, about 20 minutes later. Any ideas for the cause? I really love(d) this phone but now I wonder if this is going to last me a two year contract. Thank you.:-

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the update came from Sprint (it came over the air), bring the phone into a Sprint company store (be aware - most of them aren't, they're franchises).

oldtimefighter

May 3, 2016
Visit site
If the update came from Sprint (it came over the air), bring the phone into a Sprint company store (be aware - most of them aren't, they're franchises).

Curious, what do you think the clueless people are Sprint are going to be be able to do?

Thanks Rukbat. I might just have to do that. How do I tell the difference between a "company" store and a franchise?

I am sure if you go to Sprint's website they have a store locator which will also tell you which one's are "company" stores or just authorized retail locations but first I would...

Assuming you have shut the phone down (not restarted it) and powered it back up I would wait to see if your issues continue and/or happen one more time. I would then backup the phone and do a factory restore. Going to Sprint is a last resort in my book.

Last edited:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Agreed , Sprint is a pretty worthless resort. They will suggest a factory reset anyway. I'd save my gas money and do the reset from the comfort of my home. I'd also not reinstall everything from a backup but do it all fresh. It's possible the update is the culprit and it could be tied to an app that worked fine pre-update. If all this doesn't work then go to Sprint and tell them what you've tried(factory reset)(fresh restore).
Before all this try a cache cleaning. Might get lucky. Sounds like the update somehow borked it tho.

charrolastra

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you guys. Yeah, I think I will keep the company Sprint store as a last resort, considering the customer service and (lack of) technical support level experienced in past visits. Will try to do the cache clean but I suppose a factory reset is in order. Main issue is that I can't seem to find software to back up my HTC 10 on my mac. Everything seems to be for windows. Any ideas on this front?

charrolastra

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and it froze in total darkness this morning. Would not come back. I had to perform "emergency resuscitation" (power button and volume button). I really can't handle this happening on a daily basis...