Everyone still loving their 10?

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Its a phone. It does the job. There will always be a next prettier, faster, slimmer phone on the horizon to dream about. After 3+ years on my M7 with the camera from purple/green hell its a pleasure to be able to rely on my phone again when I dont want to carry a regular camera while biking or kayaking. I have small hands so 5" max would have been great but Ive never found a seat with a headrest made for my height either so I endure. Functionally, its the first phone I bought that didnt need a 6 month wait for an update to make an essential service work. After HTC sold me a phone that took video but no sound (Thunderbolt) that took 6 months to patch all bets were off. If you have $ its a good phone. Just dont get it wet and be willing to live with some new quirks instead of the old quirks. As for signal Ive never lived anywhere with a good signal so Ive always had problems. The M10 will switch to call over wi-fi if your signal isnt strong enough (its in settings). I could barely use my M7 as a phone at home, at least now I have more of a chance. As for wi-fi, im on it all day no issue usually unless I get too far or too many walls blocking. I found putting the router high on a shelf helped.

sal2726

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I have several phones I switch between, and love this one more every time I switch. The 6s plus feels blocky and unwieldy after holding the 10. It feels so comfortable to hold. The A9 feels too small. The 10 is lightning fast, screen is beautiful, and the lack of bloatware is awesome.

drobvit

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Upgraded from an HTC One. Had that dinosaur for 4+ years. Loving the 10! Wish battery life was better although, still a great phone. No complaints here.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The last week I used my HTC 10 as my only computer. My Surface Book died and had to go back to MS. In this week I was amazed to see how great the HTC 10 is. It had no issues whatsoever with all the tasks I threw at it. This is the best phone I have ever had.

BryanH79

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Went from an S4 in August and so far it has been a joy to use. Best part it is unbranded and unlocked. Hope this lasts at least 4 years.

odin09

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I love my 10 and for once am not envious of any other phone. I do t get anywhere near the battery life that some of you seem to, I usually have to plug in mid day, but overall it's a great phone.

gawga_boy

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I love my 10 and for once am not envious of any other phone.

Me too. Also have an iPhone SE issued by my company as a work pone. I hate that phone compared to the HTC 10. No way I could live with an iPhone as my only phone.

As a former Nokia N9 (Meego) user I can say I LOVE the HTC 10. Only a couple things I miss about Meego. The audio is fantastic on the HTC 10.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that I am a big fan of HTC phones...

Started with the Droid Incredible which I have always thought to be a fantastic phone and still have it around for using on occasion.

Then I moved to the HTC Rezound.... I have to say, that I didn't have a great experience with this one... Can't tell you how many times I must of completely wiped it.... From freezing up to changing or deleting ringtones and notification tones, it drove me crazy..

But then I made the move to the M8.... Have to say that it is one of the best phones I have owned in everyway...

Then I made the mistake of moving to the M9.... Just wasn't worth the move at all....

Traded up to the M10 this year in May and once again, loved the HTC phone! Thought the camera could have been a little better, but still thought it to be pretty solid..

Then I made the jump to..... The Google Pixel XL.... Must admit that this is by far the best phone I have used.... Can't say I would have made the move if it hadn't been an HTC phone though.

To me... The HTC phones have been by far the best of the lot for me (outside of the Rezound one off and the M9) and I have tried the Samsung/LG phones and they always got returned within weeks of getting them. I have always purchased the HTC phones outright.

So.... I still use the Incredible (rarely)... Still use the M8 (for DJing)... and still use the M10 (not daily driver)...

TP222

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Well, making the switch to Sprint, because Verizon can kiss my *** with their data charges.

After having my pick of all their available phones, I decided to stick with the 10. I might have moved to the Pixel, but they don't carry it.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I still love mine. I just wish they'd fix the bluetooth issue that started after the last update. I'd like to connect to my soundbar again.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
It just flat out won't connect anymore. When I first purchased the bar, it connected perfectly. After the latest security patch to the it wouldn't connect via bluetooth to my bar and it kept disconnecting from my car. The car situation seems to have gone away but it still won't connect to the soundbar. Not really sure why.

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue with my 10 not connecting to my Aura HK speaker. Try deleting all your other BT connections and connecting to your soundbar first. That worked for my speaker. I was then able to reconnect all my other accessories.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue with my 10 not connecting to my Aura HK speaker. Try deleting all your other BT connections and connecting to your soundbar first. That worked for my speaker. I was then able to reconnect all my other accessories.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that I am a big fan of HTC phones...

Started with the Droid Incredible which I have always thought to be a fantastic phone and still have it around for using on occasion.

Then I moved to the HTC Rezound.... I have to say, that I didn't have a great experience with this one... Can't tell you how many times I must of completely wiped it.... From freezing up to changing or deleting ringtones and notification tones, it drove me crazy..

But then I made the move to the M8.... Have to say that it is one of the best phones I have owned in everyway...

Then I made the mistake of moving to the M9.... Just wasn't worth the move at all....

Traded up to the M10 this year in May and once again, loved the HTC phone! Thought the camera could have been a little better, but still thought it to be pretty solid..

Then I made the jump to..... The Google Pixel XL.... Must admit that this is by far the best phone I have used.... Can't say I would have made the move if it hadn't been an HTC phone though.

To me... The HTC phones have been by far the best of the lot for me (outside of the Rezound one off and the M9) and I have tried the Samsung/LG phones and they always got returned within weeks of getting them. I have always purchased the HTC phones outright.

So.... I still use the Incredible (rarely)... Still use the M8 (for DJing)... and still use the M10 (not daily driver)...
I was thinking about upgrading my m8 to the 10. Is it a bad move, in your opinion?

Cheers

mbxx

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't know the M8.
The HTC 10 is good, no question, battery life and display and it works fine. BUT I'm not happy with the camera. The HTC 10 camera is not so good, in my opinion.
Sometimes I have a feeling there is not really a optical picture stabilisator (OIS) inside. It is just my experience after months.
A lot of pics what I have taken are blurred.
(Software 1.95.401.4)

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know the M8.
The HTC 10 is good, no question, battery life and display and it works fine. BUT I'm not happy with the camera. The HTC 10 camera is not so good, in my opinion.
Sometimes I have a feeling there is not really a optical picture stabilisator (OIS) inside. It is just my experience after months.
A lot of pics what I have taken are blurred.
(Software 1.95.401.4)

I love the camera. I don't have a problem with blurry photos. When I first got the HTC10 the software was the original, and had auto focus problems, but since the updates, it takes great pictures. Coming from the M8 and 9, its amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty