Update is is being pushed out now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Is that a legit update? I don't wanna install it and it not be the same update everyone else will automatically get later. I might just wait.. Seems fishy or something..

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Updating this way (RUU) it's normal to lose your settings. I have no idea if the OTA version overwrites, as I have no access to it. yet. :)

@adrenalinerush12 this update comes direct from HTC, which is verified by their private signing keys. All updates get posted to the web in this manner, it's up to the carriers to remove them if they would like to control its distribution

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Thank! Just did the upgrade. I'll let you know my findings (if any). By the way, I'm still looking for a way to boost the incoming call volume as I find mine to be very low. I've heard mention of having to "root" my device and install "Louder Volume" but I'm not sure if this will solve my problem. Any suggestions?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The guys over at XDA say that the update is suppose to way smaller(6.5mb) and that this seems like the entire newer rom.
Help finding a way to root the Eris - Page 2 - xda-developers

They are correct. Think of this as the old software, with the update already applied, then rolled into a one step update for VZW employees to use to load your phone. Until someone can grab the OTA from the Google server and download it, there's no way to load just the update manually. Same thing was done the same way for the Sprint hero update. It's the way HTC rolls out new software to the carriers to distribute to their stores and repair centers. I'm under a NDA so I can't say exactly how or why I know, but this is the same file that gets sent out.

Your 100% good to go and won't need to keep checking for an OTA, because you won't get one. As far as your phone, VZW, and HTC are concerned, you're up to date.

Now I hope we can use this to help find a root method for the Eris :)

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Thank you and with more use it seems like my 3G connection is improving and seeing a bit less idle than when I first got the update. However, I think my battery life is degrading a bit quicker than it should after the update.

johnny9374

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
ok so i updated lost all my contacts and now cant get them synched back onto the phone any suggestions?nvm im an idiot

Last edited:

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone get the update yet?

Has anyone had the update sent to their phone yet I haven't. I did notice that when I drag down my notifications bar it now says Verizon wireless at the top maybe at midnight it will drop.

Last edited:

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had the update sent to their phone yet I haven't. I did notice that when I drag down my notifications bar it now says Verizon wireless at the top maybe at midnight it will drop.

mine has always said verizon wireless on the notification bar. I'm anxious to get the update cuz then we're one step closer to 2.0 or 2.1... yay!

johnny9374

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
why wait just d/l and install mine installed np it was my stupidity that got the best of me lol i never went and synched it wih my gmail acct

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
What is the Firmware version supposed to be after the update?

I supposedly did the OTA update last night on my wife's Eris and the About screen shows Firmware Version 1.5

We live in a weak signal area, so I'm thinking the update didn't really load, but I didn't get any error messages either. :confused:

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Mine also says 1.5 so I'm thinking that is not going to change. I don't think this wad a android update and just a HTC update

geeanywhere

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I just bought the eris and I think i got the update OTA. But I am not too sure. What is the firmwire or what am I suppose to look for???

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I got my OTA update this morning but my settings still show Firmware v1.5 -- I thought it was supposed to go to 1.6 and then we'll get 2.0 in Jan or Feb?

mc48

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
my firmware still shows 1.5 after the update. This was just an update pushed out by HTC to fix problems with the battery, etc. The 2.0 or 2.1 update is coming in January....or so I hope.

Schoch

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Update was Software

I got my OTA update this morning but my settings still show Firmware v1.5 -- I thought it was supposed to go to 1.6 and then we'll get 2.0 in Jan or Feb?

Firmware remains 1.5 as this was not a firmware update.
Software version in Now 1.16.605.1 (This is the updated part)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38