Update is is being pushed out now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Sadly it is not 2.1... but the follow fixes are included.

While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the
End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second press will end the call.
On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users were experiencing in receiving their first call.
Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after power-cycling.
SMS and MMS messaging delivery is improved.
Eighty-character MMS/SMS message subject lines are now allowed. Improved picture messaging functionality allows messages from LG
phones to be opened.

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Is this for the HTC Droid Eris? If so, how do we get this update? I went in to the settings - about phone - system updates but it tells me that I'm already up to date

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
It is starting to roll out. It may be a few days before all Eris owners get the update pushed to their devices. There is a good chance you will be able to do it manually by tomorrow similar to how the Moto Droid 2.0.1 was leaked.

uujim

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
According to PhoneNews.com:

Verizon has begun uploading and staging the long-awaited Motorola Droid and HTC Eris firmware updates for rollout over the air in the next 48 hours according to reports received today.

Preliminary confirmation suggests that the Droid update does indeed fix the autofocus bug found last month as well as improved battery life, audio quality and a new unlock screen.

As previously reported, the updates for each device address multiple issues encountered since launch early last month, the biggest of which concern the aforementioned autofocus bug found on the Motorola Droid and a general maintenance update for the Eris before being updated to another Android version in the first quarter of next year.

Verizon Now Staging Droid/Eris Updates For Rollout | PhoneNews.com

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
http://pcdphones.com/downloads/Eris MR1.zip

get it before vzw takes it down or pm me with an email address and I can send it.

Downloaded, thanks. :)

Wow, 113 MB! :eek: The update for the Moto Droid was only 10 MB.

Instructions for install? I did the manual update on my Moto Droid, are the instructions the same? I wouldn't know how to hold the X key while pressing the power button on the Eris, lol. :confused:

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The phone tells you it's going to update and asks you to continue. If you haven't seen this, you haven't got it yet.

@xliderider - no problem. And I agree, HTC makes everything pretty easy. Probably cuts down of the support questions a lot.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
No, this file is from HTC. They sent it to VZW for testing and rollout to their stores. I can't say it's 100% Verizon approved, because it isn't ;) they will probably try to get it removed, simply so they have some sort of control of it's distribution.

It's signed by HTC's security keys, which at this time are impossible to crack, or it wouldn't run on your phone.

NP occfan

Status
Not open for further replies.