so htc still has not fixed the poor signal issue, HTC is useless

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I am very ashamed to own a HTC product, starting with my Evo 4g. I had issues with the hotspots feature and they wanted me to pay $40 to check the problem out, even though i was way with in warrenty. Ever since i upgraded to gingerbread i get those ramdom reboot issue with since. Now my wife has the Evo 3d since launch and she has the worst signal ever. No wonder the 3d's battery don't last long. I figured after a few updates HTC would have had it fixed. But no, she doesn't want to take it back to sprint because Google still has not made a way to properly backup and restore games and apps with data. I used my back up pro to back everything up from her Evo 4g and restore it to her Evo 3d and everything came out fine, but all her saved data was gone. So she does not want to lose everything again to have her 3d swapped out for another one. HTC has really been a lil off with what matters, I could care less about unlocking the bootloader, if the phone doesn't hava a good signal, its useless.

cheechmo

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: so htc still has not fixed the poor signal issue, HTC is usel

Not everyone has a "poor signal issue". In my personal experience, the Evo 3D makes and holds calls just as well as my previous Sprint phones. I know others on here that would echo that sentiment. It sounds like you are refusing to do a hardware swap, which would probably fix your issue. Yes, there are lemons out there - nobody is perfect - and you most likely won't be fixing a lemon with a software update.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

I have had 3 Evo 4gs with nothing but issues, I'm holding out for Photon. The Evo 3d belongs to my wife, problem is after spending lots of time building game and app data just to have to swap your phone out and have to replay all those games my wife plays over again. I have talked to plenty of people with this same issue, its NOT A SMALL PERCENTAGE. My wife said she would just deal with it for some reason, but me, i wont waste my money on HTC anymore. I just don't know why you contact HTC about issues, they give you the run around, then want you to pay them money to even look at the phone.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry that you, OP, have had such a bad experience. I have had mine since 6/23 and my reception and call quality have been excellent. Not trying to invalidate your situation, just felt it appropriate to state for the benefit of anyone reading that while some may have these issues, everyone doesn't. It may appear that a large percentage of users have problems because those who have problems tend to be very vocal about them, and those of us who are happy tend to get slammed when we voice that opinion.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

It really sounds like you have poor Sprint signal in your area which HTC is not obligated to try and rectify, particularly because there is no way they can. A few software updates aren't going to magically convert the battery to a cold fusion reactor and create an infinite power source to overdrive the radio.

Before you say something like, "I've been a Sprint customer for 20 years and never had signal issues before," know that argument doesn't hold up either. The communications/power requirements today are vastly different than they were only three years ago.

Switching phones within the same carrier isn't going to help. But if it makes you feel better, go for it.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

My EVO 4G, Then EPIC 4G and now EVO 3D all had about the same signal strength when compared to locations i spend a lot of time at.
Office is 0-2 bars, home is full. And a few places in between were also about the same.

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

although my reception and call quality is not great everywhere...it is the exact same that it has been since I have been on sprint (10+ years)...

Reactions: Wiley_11

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site

See, troll. If the poster did not say they were "holding out for a photon" I would have believed them. How many "I returned my Evils for a nexus s" post where there when the Evo3d first came out. Now it has changed to the photon. In October I see it changing to "the Evo3d was horrible. I took it back and got an iPhone. Now everything is great. World hunger has ended, AIDS has been cured, and one solar panel can provide enough power to run a city"

if you have an Evo3d and have issue with it, we are here to help the best we can. If you just want to post to say how your phone is so much better then the Evo3d, please don't. Stay in the forums for the phone you actually have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ntchwaidumela

Sean-Troy

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I agree with you totally Mcplot it's just a phone and he probably is mad at his wife because her phone is better than his

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Great signal with my EVO 3D. In fact, my fiance' either borrows my phone or has to go on the patio to use her Verizon Thunderbolt. On road trips, she is out of signal WAY before I am. My iPhone 4 had some reception issues but not to the extent that people whined over. Out of all three carriers that I've witnessed here in the ATL, Sprint has been really good for me. Maybe you just have a bad signal area like others stated. I work in a warehouse and usually get virtually no signal. I have to go outside to make calls. My battery still lasts me >6 hours before I put it on the charger. (It's usually at about 15% at that point and yes, my background data is set to auto sync because I do have wifi in there.)

*shrug* Still love my 3D. YMMV

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I agree with you totally Mcplot it's just a phone and he probably is mad at his wife because her phone is better than his

I think it is sad that so many of these guys act like their wives are idiots who couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag. A rude poster in another thread said he was going to "have" his wife get a Photon. The nerve of a mere woman thinking for herself and disagreeing with her husband's choice of a phone for her! Lol I think that's why he got so mad at me.

Frodo79

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have had my E3D since day one and have no real issues with it. I can from the HTC hero and as far as I call the signal strength and call quality are pretty close.

Sent from my EVO 3D using taptalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89