Google Music update and lack of Market update on 3D

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, your point is taken. I wish they would have pushed it down. But since they didn't yet, head over to XDA and get the market.apk. It has books, apps, and music. I've had it since August and it's great.

FYI...here is the latest version. Just download and install. I did it on my wife's bone stock 3D that never got an update.

Reactions: jwoodsoniv

radiation0512

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Some people have gotten it to update itself by clearing the app data and clearing the cache and rebooting...when you open the market, it should update itself. Worked for me!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Some people have gotten it to update itself by clearing the app data and clearing the cache and rebooting...when you open the market, it should update itself. Worked for me!

I tried clearing data and cache on the wife's and it didn't work. Had to manually install the apk to get the latest market. works fine on her 3d. Seems to work for some and not work for others.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try contacting sprint? Correct me if I am wrong but could the stock Evo3D have a sprint version of the market since it has a sprint apps section?

I contacted Sprint, and believe it or not, they asked me to download the apk from android police!:eek:

I finally did, and installed it. Seems to be working ok (so far) - it is a little buggier on my EVO 3D (compared to the old version), but it usable.

Reactions: speedtouch

radiation0512

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I tried clearing data and cache on the wife's and it didn't work. Had to manually install the apk to get the latest market. works fine on her 3d. Seems to work for some and not work for others.

Yeah it seemed kinda hit and miss...I guess I just got lucky!

dplcj

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I emailed HTC about it and got this answer.

"If you are looking for the new updated Android Market, Google pushes this out. However, you can use your favorite search engine and type in new android market to see if you can find it. As this is not an HTC application, HTC does not support or warranty any third party hardware or software, and its implementation is at your discretion."

JimboUSMC17

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
FYI...here is the latest version. Just download and install. I did it on my wife's bone stock 3D that never got an update.

It wouldn't let me install. It warned me before downloading that it could not be opened by any app and asked if I still wanted to download. I selected "yes" but after it downloaded I cannot do anything with it.

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't let me install. It warned me before downloading that it could not be opened by any app and asked if I still wanted to download. I selected "yes" but after it downloaded I cannot do anything with it.

Go to settings>applications>unknown sources>check allow installation of non-market applications.

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I tried the clear cache and reboot many times. I even threw in a battery pull for good measure. Finally I down loaded the apk from 5 or 6 post ago. It worked like a charm. After this experience I'm not worried about it screwing up future updates because I couldn't get this one.

DJ.Erick.G2.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
That's my thoughts exactly. Has anyone ever got a response from anyone at google?

I sent a message to HTC & Google, HTC said that they have no way to send us an update but they said to " dial *#*#checkin#*#* and then open the market for 5-10 minutes and it should update. And Google told me that they have no solution Santa this moment that they will send me a message as soon as they have figured out the problem. Nothing has worked for me.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried the clear cache and reboot many times. I even threw in a battery pull for good measure. Finally I down loaded the apk from 5 or 6 post ago. It worked like a charm. After this experience I'm not worried about it screwing up future updates because I couldn't get this one.

Same here, I was tired of waiting for the new market to be pushed through.

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine won't let me clear the data, just the cache, Of course it doesn't do any good. Just going to use the APK. My wife's Evo has had the new market for ages.

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the 3.3.12 apk from over at the Android Police site last night. Downloaded to my EVO 3D and clicked on the notification in the drop down once it was complete.

I honestly didn't have an issue with the old Market but wanted the music options of the new Market.