How come my display wakes up each time I plug in?? Annoying!

sammyc53#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I plug it in when I sleep, obviously, but when I plug it in the display lights up. It annoys me, and I don't want to disturb my significant other either.

Is there a setting for this?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there's no setting for this. Maybe you could find a custom ROM that has this option, but that's only helpful if you root. Usually I put my phone face down on the nightstand to keep the screen from lighting up the room. (The case and screen protector keep the screen from touching the nightstand.)

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
There is a setting. I am running ICS right now so the setting is in a different location and I can't remember where it is in Gingerbread. It is in the same settings menu as USB debugging.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I plug it in when I sleep, obviously, but when I plug it in the display lights up. It annoys me, and I don't want to disturb my significant other either.

Is there a setting for this?

I agree. It is annoying. I just hit the power button once the screen lights up and the screen turns off.
(menu/settings/applications/development - uncheck "Stay awake" before this) <-- I think this is what newboyx was referring to as well.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
This indeed is a bad thing to have happen, No other phone I have ever owned has operated like this.

The steps mentioned above about going into the Applications>Development does just the entire opposite of what the OP was referencing. What would be the purpose of the screen turning on when plugging it up to a power source for charging? Umm isn't that what the solid state red charging LED is for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez